1753879 Members
7422 Online
108809 Solutions
New Discussion

NBX V3000 Analog- Line Port Card Question

mohamed.sabbah
Frequent Advisor

NBX V3000 Analog- Line Port Card Question

Actually it is not one question but two questions related to the same issue.

Q1: Does the Analog Line Port Card of the V3000 or V3001 support Battery Polarity reversal (used outside USA) as a way of disconnect signal from CO?

Q2: In the AA menue, the T/O is an option to indicate an action for when the AA times out. But when does the time out happen? What is the criteria for time out? Is there a setting for this?

Appreciate any information!

3 REPLIES 3
merlin_1
Super Advisor

Re: NBX V3000 Analog- Line Port Card Question

I had thought we did on newer cards and NBX'es but I am not sure as I cnanot find any paper on it . I'll continue to search and let you know .

The timeout on the AA is started after the last greeting plays ( If you set it for 3 times then right after the 3rd time i) if not then right after the completion of the greeting . . Not sure how long but it is fixed as we cannot change this . I believe its around 15 seconds .

mohamed.sabbah
Frequent Advisor

Thank you,

Our customer was having a strange issue, and I thought to share it with the forum in case it becomes handy for NBX Admins coming across similar issues, Issue is:

NBX 3000 analog connected to Analog PSTN lines. When an outside caller calls any line number, he will land at the AA, and if caller disconnects the call at his end when at the AA or the VM, the V3000 Line Card FXO port will remain "On Call" for around 40 sec after the caller hangs. This issue does not happen if caller is connected to internal phone, as port goes idle as soon as internal phone goes on-hook. After investigating the issue, it turns out that the PSTN lines do not support the CPC Disconnect signal, but rather uses Polarity Reversal for that purpose. Now unless NBX supports Polarity Reversal, we have to look for other solutions. I am thinking in two directions:

1- Putting a device in-line to convert the Polarity Reversal signal to a generated CPC signal towards the NBX. (Does any one know if such device exists?)

2- Finding a way to make the AA and VM time out faster and then disconnect the call. I am thinking of using the T/O option under AA configuration to forward the call to a dead AA (an AA that has all its menu options et to Disabled)

Any further ideas are appreciated

bosoxfan_1
Super Advisor

NBX supports reverse polarity since 5.0.28 came out. The timer for reverse polarity is the same as the supervisory disconnect timer on the analog line card. Find out from your telco what their reverse polarity timer is and adjust it accordingly.