7298 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: NBX V3000 Analog issue with disconnect

Kibbs308
Occasional Visitor

NBX V3000 Analog issue with disconnect

Hi,

I have an NBX v3000 Analog system that seems to lock up line ports, and does not receive or hear a disconnect. I have already had the disconnect timer turned up by the provider of the lines but it still happens. the software level is r6.0.63. Does any one have a clue as to what else I might be able to do?

7 REPLIES 7
bosoxfan
Trusted Contributor

hi. YOu don't mention what country you are in. US uses a supervisory disconnect Pulse, other countries use a tone. If in the U.S. ask your telco what the Supervisory Disconnect Pulse is... you can set it on the NBX, go to PSTN Gateway Configuration/Analog Line Cards/Advanced settings. The default is 600. You can play with it, try setting it to 0 and see if that works.
Kibbs308
Occasional Visitor

I am in the US, and the issue does not happen on all calls it is every now and then. The customer reboots the system to reset the line, but I think I will show him how the reset the line port. The lines are on a converged T-1 / PRI and come in as POTS lines. This does not happen on all lines just 2 that I have been told and I have not been able to witness it for myself, the line it happens the most on is a number that is being RCF'ed from a separate location to a number onsite, then back via IP to the original location. Could this be caused by the network between locations or what is the max I can set the disconnect pulse, it is at the default of 600 now.

bosoxfan
Trusted Contributor

the valid range for the Supervisory Disconnect Pulse is 75-2000msec.
Kibbs308
Occasional Visitor

Thanks i will turn it down to 75 and give it a try.
SyedTaimur
Occasional Visitor

Hi

Checkout http://www.etcia.com/max_terminators.html. i had similar issues and this device worked perfectly.

- Taimur

alimushala
Occasional Visitor

WHY DONT HP PROVIDE ANY DOCUMENT "HOW TO TACKLE THIS PARTICULAR PROBLEM".

I AM EXPERIENCING THIS PROBLEM FROM LAST 4 YEARS AND 3COM HAVE NOT GIVEN ACCEPTABLE ANSWER FOR THIS.

THROWING EVERYTHING ON PROVIDER.

THIS IS NOT ACCEPTABLE. PLEASE RESOLVE THIS ISSUE, OTHERWISE DONT ADVERTISE PRODUCT THAT I CAN INTEGRATED ANALOG LINES IF YOU CANNOT SUPPORT IT.

merlin215
Valued Contributor

Not sure of this is an incoming or outgoing call .

Are voicemail ports staying online ? Calls to the Vmail stay connected ?

I think I know whats going on , although I have been wrong before :

Regardless the telco should be sending you a disconnect from the C.O. side of the line (  Asked for feature , not standard from the Telco as it is an NBX disconnect issue ) . Put a test set on the line and listen to the hang up . You should hear a short buzz and hum during the disconnect portion of the call . This will tell you if the telco is sending a disconnect .  If not call them . DMS central offices use a feature called forward on disconnect . Not sure about others . But they MUST send you a disconnec t. If not then setting timers will not work as you are not even getting the disconnect  from the Telco side of the line to begin with .  

We do a form of supervisory disconnec t. If we hear the disconnect we disconnect , but with out this from telco , we will not disconnect the line . We do not timeout on what is called a " Long Call " type of scenerio whereby if the call is up for say , 1000 minuters or something like that , programmable , the call is disconnected .

This is a known issue in the NBX for over 10 years . I am sure on our knowledgebase there is an article somewhere .

Have you tried the new HP knowledgebase search ?