1752785 Members
6124 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

NBX V3000 and 3101SP B.ver Phones

Jeanfs

NBX V3000 and 3101SP B.ver Phones

Hi,

We have an old V3000 (3C10600A) on R5.0.0 software, and purchased additional 3101SP phones to expand the system, but we are having issues with the Rev.B versions of the 3101SP phones.

The logs show it isn't recognizing these new revisions and refuses to allow them to connect, the A revisions have no issues connecting - which we have 10. We have been told there should be a patch available for the V3000 to allow Rev.B phones to connect is that case?

We have no desire to upgrade R6 version of the software. Just so you know we have setting the phones network settings manually - no luck.

Thanks,

Jean

5 REPLIES 5
bosoxfan
Trusted Contributor

Re: NBX V3000 and 3101SP B.ver Phones

R5.0.20 or above has the added code to support the "B" phones. This has been available since June, 2006.

Jeanfs

Hi bosoxfan,

Thanks for letting me know, I am aware there are upgrades available of some sort, is this update readily available? Or does this require a maintenance contract to be place in order to access the downloads?

I finding it difficult to access a lot information on the HP sites compared to 3Com.

I spoke with HP support which said there wasn't any software upgrades available for the NBX, which doesn't instill confidence - hence posting on here to find out a bit more.

On another note, do you think it is worth keeping the system, with HP dropping support, and simply switchover to Voip?

Much appreciated,

Jean

bosoxfan
Trusted Contributor

hi.

Although the NBX is end of life, phone support continues until Oct, 2012... Hardware replacements go until

Oct, 2015.

I am surprised that support would tell you there were no maintenance updates. ... we are up to R6.5.22!..

There will be bug fixing until October of this year.

You need to open up a support ticket, tell them you need the version that supports bug fixes and they will send it to you.

As for changing out the NBX and getting another system, that is up to you...

Jeanfs

Thanks again bosoxfan.

I will follow your suggestion and get in touch with support again.

Thanks,

Jean

bosoxfan
Trusted Contributor

please post here if you have any difficulties..

Thank You.