1751952 Members
5059 Online
108783 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

NBX V5000 6.5.22 non sip up and down likea yoyo

DanCarroll
Frequent Advisor

NBX V5000 6.5.22 non sip up and down likea yoyo

I have a v5000 that is going down it seems to be a network issue.

The nbx seems happy no erros on hyperterm. But no netset or voicemail.

Had the tech on site isolate nbx and chassis to a switch with a phone and computer .

It comes up and runs.

When the NBX switch is plugged into the rest of the network, communicatiuon is lost.

MY question is-- After the communication is lost, why doesn't it recover when the nbx swtich is removed from the network?

It still needs to be CTRL "R" or even that hasn't worked and a plug pull is required to reboot.

2 REPLIES 2
merlin_1
Super Advisor

Re: NBX V5000 6.5.22 non sip up and down likea yoyo

Sounds like a switch issue from what you state .

Try rebooting one of the switches and see if the tels on that switch boot back up ....

jeadavis
Advisor

Re: NBX V5000 6.5.22 non sip up and down likea yoyo

You may also want to test for duplicate IP address on the network.  I have found that the duplicate IP will take priority over the NBX. Keep phone system isolated off network and with machine on network run ping test for the IP of the NBX.  If you get a response, buplicate IP.

Another useful tool to use in this instance is the 3COM Network Director.  If you are having issues with a 3COM switch, the director will show that switch as a cloud and not a switch.  Director is also useful for locating devices with duplicate IP addresses.  If there are duplicate addresses, it will show one of the devices as a MAC address and not as an IP address like all of the other devices.

Just a thought.