1752808 Members
5996 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: NBX and Exchange Server Unified Messaging 2007

Bortiquai
Occasional Contributor

NBX and Exchange Server Unified Messaging 2007

Can anyone tell me if the Exchange Server 2007 Unified Messaging will work with the 3COM NBX v3000?

5 REPLIES 5
merlin_1
Super Advisor

Unified Messaging uses Secure protocols that the NBX is not able to do .

SFT , SRTP , etc .

No it is not compatable in SIP mode . I believe that someone is loking into this but I would not be surprised if it were over a year before something is done .

edwardforgacs

Has anyone tried this?

http://open.3com.com/tcom/resources/solutions/POSTCTI-SIPMerge-AppNotes.pdf

I know it's for the V5000 but possibly may work? I'd be interested to hear the results if anyone does give it a go.
merlin_1
Super Advisor

We have not here . I read over the doc and am trying to find out some info . However , we do not support the protocols yet . It looks like they use the SIPserver for changing protocols and somesoert of adaptive integration . I am not sure that anyone here has ever used this or set this up . Where did you find this Doc ? It looks like its a 3rd party proxy server that converts some of the protocols as well .....

This message was edited by merlin on 9-15-09 @ 8:35 AM
edwardforgacs

The doc turned up on a Google search. I thought it was worth mentioning as it's on a 3Com site.

I agree, the SipMerge product seems to be a proxy server which converts the protocols. It appears to be a specific app for the 3Com NBX.

merlin_1
Super Advisor

It seems that this was tested out a while ago while SIP merge was a member of our ON Program . I made a note that the Doc was found via google .

Basically You must engage SIP Merge directly for setup assistant because we did not test Windows 2007 server itself but SIP Merge as the translator. It was tested with Us as part of the ON program but the agreement is not in affect anymore. You must contact Sip Merge for more information as this was the direction that I recieved .