IP Telephony - NBX
1752781 Members
6091 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

NBX v3000 - how to "pick" a certain Analog Line Port when I call an external phone

jackt123

NBX v3000 - how to "pick" a certain Analog Line Port when I call an external phone

I have recently installed a NBX v3000 running R6_0_64 using 3102B phones.

My question is how to map my 3102B phone buttons to "pick" a certain Analog Line Port when I call an external phone?  
Currently we have 3 analog lines connected to the NBX on ports 1,2 & 3.  When I press a button on the 3102B phone to pick a line (the button is mapped as "System") and dial 9 to get an outside line it automatically picks Port 3 for the call.  How do I make that button or another button pick Port 2 instead?

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
jorge.abellas
Advisor

Re: NBX v3000 - how to "pick" a certain Analog Line Port when I call an external phone

The easiest way I think is to map the outside lines to a button - set the Type to Line/Extension and select the line that you want to be outgoing - the user will have to hit that button and then dial out.  I don't think there is a way to map extensions to outgoing lines but I am not an expert, perhaps others will chime in.

SASPrinting
Occasional Advisor

Re: NBX v3000 - how to "pick" a certain Analog Line Port when I call an external phone

If someone could give some more info on this, that would be great! Right now, we are two separate businesses (same owner/management, different lines of work) sharing the same office.

I've divided the line card ports so that lines designated to them only ring over there and the same for us -- that part is working well it seems. The problem is that when dialing out, the system connects to whatever lines are available, whether they connect to our lines or we to theirs.

Designating a line button seems impractical because we have 12 lines and about 20 employees/phones/extensions.

Trevor Joiner | Graphic Designer @ SAS Printing