IP Telephony - NBX
1752805 Members
5488 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

NBX100 Wont Load up

NNatic

NBX100 Wont Load up

I have an NBX100 that we purchased used and it will not boot up.  It just flashes lights forever. 

I unfortunately do not have a console cable and dont know what to do... any suggestions.  I have reseated the hard drive and the boards, but with no luck.  Is there anything i can do without the console cable?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FiuJY5f0y14&feature=youtube_gdata

Here is a video of the lights.  They have been doing so for about an hour

2 REPLIES 2
JimC_1
Advisor

Re: NBX100 Wont Load up

Hi,

Your video is a little dark to tell, but the light pattern would seem to indicate that the system is likely running a drive test called fsck.

There is really little you can do without the cable to see what is going on and it is a standard cable you can get for a few bucks, often referred to by vendors as a M-F (male to female) 9 pin straight through serial cable.

There are plenty of instructions for how to use hyperterm to connect the cable and be able to monitor the boot process.

You should see a lot of things flash by and then the system will probably pause on "Phase 2". This is the longest phase of the disk test and will take a while. As far as I know the only option is to wait it out and watch for errors.

when Phase 3 appears you are at least half way to the line that says "system ready"

I hope this helps,

Jim

merlin_1
Super Advisor

Re: NBX100 Wont Load up

Jim is correct as it could be something on the boot up . NBX 100 systems are very old so it would be advised to set up a hyperterm when staqrting the system . Code , envireonmental , etc .