1752585 Members
4575 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: NBX25 and PCXSET problem

merlin_1
Super Advisor

Stand By and I will get you that info . I owe you that ....

merlin_1
Super Advisor

Hi MIke

I have tested the Nics out here . I have a Lenovo T500 with 4 nics . Everytime I change locations , my nic is picked up by PCXSet as the active nic in my pc . It should use the active nic automatically . In networks page on pcxset , are you using the pc info ? Make sure to do that as well as assign an IP address and a MAC address in the correct fields . Could you verify these for me please ?

Thanks

Luckycharms
Frequent Advisor

Stick with the basics first.

1 The NBX(including PSTN cards) must be using IP addresses for your remote connections to work. Can be IP-on-the-fly or sa combination of static and DHCP. Sounds like you have that covered

2 Its was a great idea to upgrade to 5.0.31 to start with. In my opinion the more out of date you version of code. Its always a good idea when you have a problem, regardless of symptom, to load the most recent version of code you can get. An analogy: If you PC is at Windows SP1 its a good idea to install SP3.

3 For the time being, simply use the packet trace to confirm you are getting NBX packets to and from your remote PC. Its rare to have a perfect network trace and we are not looking for deep packet analysis. So ignore colour coding of packets, errors etc for now. Most time these are just default thresholds within the app which may need to be increased or decrease depending on the network.

Regarding the packet trace itself

All traffic VPN, PPP/SLIP and Internet traffic will show up on the Wireless NIC trace. However only VPN traffic will show on VPN NIC and PPP/SLIP on that NIC.

It sounds like you maybe running IPSec over PPTP that is why there is a PPP NIC and a VPN NIC. My best guess it that the Qty if Packets on these 2 NIC is roughtly the same.

mswann60_1
Advisor

Lucky and Merlin,

I spent a few bucks with tech support, the IP on the fly is working and the remote PCXSET is handing the calls properly. It was simpler than I expected. Guess I was feeling intimidated.

I will work with the NIC issue tonight from home.

One quick question, the autodialer is a nice feature I would like to have, but hasn't and still not will not work with my laptop. My inside guy said that it will not work according to forum info he has been reading. Is this the case?

Thanks,

Mike

This message was edited by mswann60 on 2-16-09 @ 2:30 PM
merlin_1
Super Advisor

Hi Mike

Glad to hear all is ok . As far as I know , The rerdial function works ok , but not sure what you are refferring to for the Auto dialer.