1752520 Members
4693 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

NBX25 and PCXSET problem

mswann60_1
Advisor

NBX25 and PCXSET problem

Hi, I bought a business where they are using an NBX25 Running system software 5_0_0.

I tried to use PCXSET software 5.0.4 from this website. It works fine in network but if I go offsite and try it with my VPN, RJ45 or 802.1 connected, no audio. The commands get through OK.

I am using a Dell 610 with XP Pro for remote connection. The audio hardware is Sigmatel, the NIC is Broadcom and the wireless is Dell 1350. Something that is odd is the PCXSET has to "looking" at the Broadcom hardware/driver no matter what in order to connect wiht the NBX25. The 610 does not find the NBX25 in default or wireless setting.

I have the VPN (Microsoft) set to the DNS of the server with an alternate DNS for the NBX25. The VPN works fine for the synchronized Outlook.

Soft firewalls are what comes installed with the MS XP Pro and hardware firewall in the Linksys router only.

I have tried all of the fixes within the knowledge base to no avail.

I am lost from here. Any help would be appreciated.

Best Regards,

Mike

24 REPLIES 24
merlin_1
Super Advisor

Re: NBX25 and PCXSET problem

NBX 25 ? WOW ! Thats an older system . Are you sure it is not a 100 ? NBX 25 had its own code and was not 5.0 compatable as far as I know .

If you get control packets but do not get audio , then a trace would be necessary to see where the issue is . On a microsoft vpn , you should not have any issues with the fdefault set up . Not sure if You should be using a DNS as on our set ups , I do not . My pcxset works fine on a 5.0 and a 6.0 system after vp n'ing form home .

mswann60_1
Advisor

Yep, its an NBX 25 chassis with a V3000 controller(?), works great I might add.

here is some more info.

Current System Settings

Software Version: R5_0_0

System Serial #: 0750801202

Host Name: V3000

IP Address: 192.168.1.15

Default Gateway: 192.168.1.1

Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0

Network Protocol: Ethernet Only

MOH MAC Address: 00:e0:bb:1c:80:37

Free Memory: 45,779,156

Memory Upgrade Installed: NO (117,436,416 byte)

Date and Time: Wednesday, January 28, 2009 9:49:31 AM

System Start Time: Friday, January 2, 2009 7:27:08 AM

bosoxfan_1
Super Advisor

hi.

Since the pcxset works on the local lan, then the settings must be ok.. so I am presuming issue is in the network.. I did find this 3KB that states what the

firewally settings should be.

It would be interesting if you take a phone home and point it to the NBX.. will that get audio? Just to see if it is pcxset issue or phone issue.....

Title:NBX 100, SS 3 NBX - Firewall settings for IP Telephony

ID:2.0.33506880.2656397

Fact: UDP Ports

Problem: Which UDP ports must be open on the firewall so remote phones can access the NBX

Problem: Opening UDP ports

Problem: Opening the firewall for remote phones

Problem: Which TCP ports must be open

Problem: Accessing the NBX remotely

Fix: Open the following ports to allow a remote phone to access the NBX:

TCP port 1040 (used for call setup)

UDP ports 2093 through 2096

Port use specifics:

NBX_CALL_CONTROL_UDP_PORT = 2093

NBX_AUDIO_UDP_PORT = 2094

NBX_INTER_NCP_SIGNALING_UDP_PORT = 2095

NBX_DIRECTORY_SERVICES_UDP_PORT = 2096

Luckycharms
Frequent Advisor

You mentioned two NIC Broadcom and Wilress Dell. I think PC Xset pick a NIC on install to use. If this is the case and your VPN is over wireless then you may not really be using the VPN.

Also your V3000 subnet is a common one. Make sure your remote network does not have the same subnet.

merlin_1
Super Advisor

You should be running R5.0.31 code on the NBX . The Chassis is ok .

I agree with LuckyCharms and check the nics first . Also the trace will tell you if the ports are open

mswann60_1
Advisor

When I am at home, I do get connection and the commands go through, just not the audio. I will review the router settings.

mswann60_1
Advisor

This is probably a dumb question for you guys, but any reference material on doing traces?

This message was edited by mswann60 on 1-28-09 @ 4:09 PM
mswann60_1
Advisor

Progress.

Bosoxfan's router settings allow me to audiably connect to the office from home.

However, When I try to use an outside line connection through the NBX in the office, no audio. Again the commands are getting through, but not the audio. Tested this on my cell phone.

If I try to reduce the remote computer's subnet to 255.255.255.254, it will not connect to the NBX.

If I disconnect the VPN, the softphone will not intialize.

This message was edited by mswann60 on 1-28-09 @ 10:23 PM
bosoxfan_1
Super Advisor

well, progress in baby steps i guess.

let me get this right... you now get two way audio when you call in from pcxset to an nbx phone?

however, if you dial from pcxset out your analog line card or pri card, you get no audio??? or is it one way audio???

is pri or analog line card on the same subnet and switch as your nbx? maybe it is on a different switch and some of those ports are being blocked??

A trace will show if you are getting audio...

might also have to do a trace on the other side of your router to ensure that audio is being sent.