1748104 Members
4580 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

NBossLog Message Guide

Boris L. Perlovsky
Occasional Advisor

NBossLog Message Guide

Hello - Apologies if this question has already been asked, but I'm searching for a guide that will help me decode the messages that appear in the NBossLog from and NBX SS3 (V5000). Any help would be much appreciated.

Perlovsky

5 REPLIES 5
merlin_1
Super Advisor

Re: NBossLog Message Guide

Unfortunately there is no log or message guide to assist you . We have been trying to compile something for years but as the new codes come out , messages change and get very confusing . So , what we do is one at a time , review and get an answer , however , Half or more of the NBoss messages that come out are usually not relevant . Sometimes , depending on what situation , the message will match the occurrance of the issue and be helpful . Other times it does not help at all unless special logging is activated . We do a certain amount of logging in a default state but it is very difficult to do all of the logging necessary as the system is not capable of enabling ALL logging and running normally . Resource issue . You can enable certain logging for certain functions if necessary .

Boris L. Perlovsky
Occasional Advisor

Merlin,

Thanks, this is helpful. If I have questions about specific log messages would you recommend posting them here (to this site), or another alternative?

Perlovsky

merlin_1
Super Advisor

Glad I could help !

When you post a message please try to provide as much detail as to what is going on at the time of the event . Most messages are tied to a specific event , but some are not . If someone has seen that type of message before then they will answer but again they are tough sometimes to understand .....

This message was edited by merlin on 11-6-09 @ 6:43 AM
Boris L. Perlovsky
Occasional Advisor

Here is a Flow Control log message. The log has a number of these.

-------------------

1021:172822:0249 MediaServer W No Flow Ctrl from MAC 24:f9:d6 cleaning up - Task_03

-------------------

There does not seem to be a particular event tied to the error, but it would be good to understand exactly why it's coming up. The MAC address seems to be that of one of the T1 / PRI cards. Other T1 / PRI card MAC addresses also show up with similar Flow Control messages in the log.

What would cause a Flow Control error?

Thx,

perlovsky

bosoxfan_1
Super Advisor

The "W" indicates that this is a warning and not an error. this is one of those messages that is not really an issue.. Mediaserver is voicemail recording or listening.. all this is saying is that there was no flow control when leaving or listening to voicemail thorugh the PRI card .. so the NBX will take care of it and "clean it up" as they state....

1021:172822:0249 MediaServer W No Flow Ctrl from MAC 24:f9:d6 cleaning up - Task_03