1752402 Members
5717 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion

Need help with 3com NBX V3000 call reports

ajasso1377
Regular Visitor

Need help with 3com NBX V3000 call reports

I am managing a 3com NBX V3000 software version R6_0_40 and it appears the call reports are producing future dates.  to access the raw data I put in the URL of http://192.168.5.30/htfs0/billing.txt?billing,00000000,2010,MM,DD and add the date of the day I want to view and I see calls where there are future dates.  This is an issue because we use a software program called 'Call analysis' for call accounting and the data that is being produced in the NBX is corrupted with calls stamped with a future date usually a day or two into the future.  This has made our call accounting useless since the data is wrong, can anyone explain or how to resolve this issue in the NBX?

9 REPLIES 9
bosoxfan
Trusted Contributor

Re: Need help with 3com NBX V3000 call reports

hi. check the time on your system in the System Wide Settings/Set date and time. is it the correct time? CDR files are created every day based onthe system time. Are you using SNTP server? is it possible time has gotten out of synch.
ajasso1377
Regular Visitor

I just checked our system wide date and time setting and all look correct.  I do see that we are using SNTP and there was an 'update' button that I just pressed.  I also see a setting that says 'check clock every' we have it set at 1440 minutes (24 hours) should I set this to a smaller time interval?

bosoxfan
Trusted Contributor

SNTP will check every 24 hours to make sure the NBX has the correct time.. that is sufficient for what you are doing.. at most, the nbx may drift a few minutes off....not days like you stated... if you feel more comfortable, you can set it for 1 hour. Is it possible that your SNTP server had set the NBX t o a future date? That seems highly unlikely, but you never know. The best is to watch it for now on.
ajasso1377
Regular Visitor

Thanks for your help I will set the SNTP for every 2 hours to see if this resolve the issue, if not then I will be back to see if there is another solution to this problem....again thanks!!!

ajasso1377
Regular Visitor

Well....I checked to see if our reporting would be correct yesterday and the same issues has occurred even though I changed the SNTP settings to update the time every 2 hours.  Again we use a software program called Call Analysis and every day the software access the NBX call reports thru this URL http://192.168.5.30/htfs0/billing.txt?billing,00000000,2010,MM,DD  I entered in 2010,10,27 for Wednesday call records and I can see that there are future dates.  I have copied the raw data and saved it to the attached notepad document.  If you review you will see that the call records look normal at the beginning but at the bottom you will see dates of 10/28/2010 then you will see dates that go way into the future like year 2068.  I am unfamiliar with how the NBX produces this data and why it is corrupt but it is causing our call accounting software to not function properly.  Is there  way to resolve this?  Please see the attached notepad doc.  

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!! 

merlin215
Valued Contributor

I assumem that you deleted ALL the records and tried that ? You cna save them by date , then delete them and see if the new dates are corrupted ....

FTP in and remove all of the cdr records ( and save them ) . Then let CDR create new records .  One by one , re install the CDR datyes and make sure that there are no other funky dates in the directory , like 2026 , 2160 etc . ONLY valid dates .

merlin215
Valued Contributor

Pardon the errors in my previous post . I would think that if this does not solve the issue , and the random dates still appear , it may have something to do with your program you are using .

However , can you give some detail as to when this started occurring ? What happened ? When did this start occurring ? when did you start using the third party program ?  Any more info would be appreciated ....

bosoxfan
Trusted Contributor

Check the file /htfs0/NBossLog.txt at around the time that the CDR records changed the date.. do you see

any SNTP errors there? Just wondering if SNTP coming in a different format.

Since this occurs pretty frequently, can you try resetting the date /time on the NBX so it does not use

SNTP.. let it keep it's own time.. if the incident does not occur in a few days, we know it is the SNTP.

ajasso1377
Regular Visitor

Okay will try your suggestions and will get back with you

Again thanks for all of your help!!!