New Discussion юеВ

Re: Negative VM Usage time and Dial Extension

Rockym
Advisor

Negative VM Usage time and Dial Extension

Hello,

A customer ran into the following problem:

First:

They can't leave a voicemail on their system. Their system usage tab shows a Negative .45 hours of voicemail used.   I've encountered this in the past and TAC instructed me to replace a file. Does anyone know what file I need to replace?

Second Issue:

From the auto attendant, Option 7 is dial extension 317. But when a call presses 7, it dials extension 315. Any ideas?

Thanks.

7 REPLIES 7
merlin_1
Super Advisor

What kind of system ?

What code are you running ?

Analog lines or Digital Lines ?

What message are you getting when they try to leave a msg ?

If you are talking about a file , then this is an older version of code as we used to delete a message file but that is not the case anymore . On the newer platforms and  code , You may be running into something else .

The info can help us with our troubleshooting .....

Rockym
Advisor

They have an NBX100

With a PRI and a few analog lines.

I think they are running R4.1.71 or .77

bosoxfan_1
Super Advisor

Check the port usage again. What does it say for message storage used? is that a negative number?

or is the message storage remaining an negative number.

On the NBX100's, voicemail was sold based on number of ports and time of storage. By default, the

NBX100 came with 4 voicemail ports and 30 minutes of vm storage. (I am talking about the older ones)

You will need to either delete some vm's or upgrade your storage to more time (I believe the next one

is 4 ports/4 hours)

Rockym
Advisor

It says message storage used (Negative Number).

They've deleted all their VMs and Purged the database but the mail storage still shows the same negative number.

merlin_1
Super Advisor

What is the message they get when they try to leave a msg , I assume after the voicemail greeting . Do they get another prompt , and if so , what does it say ?

If not what occurs when thye try to leave a msg ?

I am searching for a 3KB a while ago that may be the fix but I ened an answer to these questions .....

Rockym
Advisor

They get their normal prompt and the following: "This system is currenlty not accepting messages" and the system hangs up.

merlin_1
Super Advisor

I would suggest an upgrade as I know a long time ago we saw a similar issue . It had something to do with the message.dat file in the NBX . I believe we deleted this file but I cannot find any documentation to back this up . I will continue to look , but I know you are looking for a quicker answer , so I'l do my best ...