108781 Solutions
New Discussion

New Auto Attendant Activation

sohovoip
Visitor

New Auto Attendant Activation

Software Version: R6_0_31

File System: NBXFSV2

Topology: (4) POTS --> [NBX 3000] --> [Network Switch] --> (8) [3102 Phones], (1) [3Com Cordless]

Hi, I'm new to the NBX V3000 and I was hoping someone could point in the right direction.

I'm trying to activate a new AA to be used during normal business hours.  Today when someone calls the main number, it rings on the receptionist's phone.  We would like to have an AA answer all inbound calls and for the caller to select one of the menu tree options.  I was able to create a "New Day Time AA" under 'NBX Messaging > Auto Attendant'.  I built the tree options and recorded the associated Prompts.  The internal ext associated is 5502.  If I dial 5502 from any internal phone, I hear my greeting and can successfully step through the tree.  I've even gone as far as to select 5502 "New Day Time AA" and 'Activate' it.  My issue is a simple one I'm sure, but how do I change the dial plan or settings to make use of this new AA?

The office does keep varied hours each day but they are consistent week to week.  The business hours are configured under 'System-Wide Settings > Business Hours.  When the office is closed for the day, the systems automatically knows to forward all calls to our Answering Service until the next business day.

I really appreciate your time in reviewing this post and look forward to your advice.

Many thanks in Advance,

Pablo

3 REPLIES 3
bosoxfan
Trusted Contributor

Re: New Auto Attendant Activation

hi Pablo

if you go to PSTN Gateway Configuration, Analog line cards, you will see your 4 POTS lines.

click on eash one.. you will see "Auto Ext" for open, closed, lunch other.

The open, closed, lunch , other will match the times that you put in under the Business hours section

for open, put in 5502 since this is where you want the calls to go when you are open.

Hope this helps !!!

sohovoip
Visitor

Hi bosoxfan,

Thanks for taking the time to respond!  I see exactly what you pointed out and I tell you, I would have never found it without your help!

I'll try my new settings and let you know how it goes.

Thanks again!

Regards,

Pablo

sohovoip
Visitor

Hi bosoxfan,

I wanted to thank you once again.  I just implemented what you recommended and it worked!!!

Thanks again for taking the time to reply to a newbie.

Regards,

Pablo