1752785 Members
6155 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Polycom IP 3000 setup

bigmaneric97_1
Frequent Advisor

Polycom IP 3000 setup

We ave a polycom IP 3000 soundstation for the 3Com NBX and I can not get it setup.  We do have a license for it and I tried manually entering the IP address info for the phone and even entered the IP and MAC for the NCP.  Our phones are VLAN'd from the data through our 3COM switches and I even made the switch port access and on the voice vlan with no luck.  Looking for ideas on how to get this setup.  The NBX is setup for standard IP.

Thank you,

Eric

6 REPLIES 6
merlin215
Valued Contributor

What version of Code are you running ? Standard IP ? Are you runing SIP mode ? The device should discover by itself in a layer 2 envireonment . is this in another subnet ?
bigmaneric97_1
Frequent Advisor

Merlin,

We do have two VLAN's and the phone is never discovered in layer two evein though it displays waiting on NCP so I know the phone is working in layer 2 mode.  I have tried to move it to layer 3 mode by putting in the IP address and other IP infomration.  We are on standard IP with code R6_5_22P03.  My only other thought would be to find a firmware upgrade for phone and provide a TFTP server for it.  Although even with the IP information in the phone I can't seem to ping the IP address so I'm not sure how far into the boot process it is making it if the IP is not working.

Thanks,

Eric

bigmaneric97_1
Frequent Advisor

Standard IP on R6_5_22P03.  I have put in the IP information including the MAC address of the NCP and it still will not discover the switch.  There are two VLAN's one for data and one for voice.

Thanks,

Eric

merlin215
Valued Contributor

Polycom units work just like the tels do . They boot up at L2 and discover . Is this unit a new one or has it been working on another NBX ? Also it almsot sound slike a vlan issue . Does the switch port have access to both the default vlan and the assigned vlan ? Sorry for the delay . Out of the office ....

bigmaneric97_1
Frequent Advisor

The polycom actually was used on that NBX before.  The switchport is a hybrid port with both VLAN's available to it.  I have even tried it doing a hardware reset on the phone with no luck.

Thanks,

Eric

merlin215
Valued Contributor

Network trace of the unit  will tell if the NBX sees it . 

Plenty of devices ? 

Plenty of Polycom Licenses ?

Auto Discovery enabled ? 

Manual on the way ....