7028 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Poor quality when transfer to cell phone

ChrisB_NS
Occasional Contributor

Poor quality when transfer to cell phone

Hi all,

I have an NBX V3000, running ver R5_0_28, with several analog line cards.

Call quality is fine during all calls, except when we transfer the incoming call to a cell phone number.

The caller can hear us fine, but we can barely hear the caller.

It doenst cut in and out, it's just so low, it's a struggle to hear the caller at all.

Has anyone had this issue before and have found a solution ?

This has been hapenning for quite some time, and I have no fix.

As I mention, everything else is working fine, quality on incoming and outgoing calls are fine, both to and from land line and cell lines.

Thanks you for your assistance.

Chris B.

5 REPLIES 5
merlin215
Valued Contributor

5.0.28 should be upgraded to R5.0.31 as there are a lot of fixes . Take a test set and make an outbound call . Find the line that is calling the cell phone and jump on it . See how the volume is on the test set . Sounds like it could be either a voltage issue on the telco line or the NBX port . 

ChrisB_NS
Occasional Contributor

Thank you for your reply.

I have never upgraded myself. I was looking around the 3com/HP site under my login, but dont see any obvious spot to download the newer version.

Do I need a service contract, or is there somewhere I can simply download that newer version from ?

Thanks again,

Chris B.

merlin215
Valued Contributor

Yes you do a syou need to open a case and we will give it to you . 

bosoxfan
Trusted Contributor

hi.. if it is low volume when you connect two analog lines together and talk to a cell phone, you could try turning up the volume on the cards... It is quite possible that, although the volume is good for an incoming call or outgoing call, it is borderline so when you connect two lines, you lose more of the signal.

The volume is in the PSTN Gateway Configuration, Analog Line Cards/ Advanced Settings page.

The defualt is 3 for both the Audio Input Gain and Audio Output Gain.

on the incoming line, try raising the input volume (do it in increments of 2).. see if that helps. You could also raise the output volume on the line the call is going out.

It may take some playing with to get it adjusted... you also want to make sure just plain old incoming and outgoing calls are not too loud so it will take some fine tuning.

ChrisB_NS
Occasional Contributor

Great, I will give that a try, sounds like that may do the trick.....

Thanks !!

Chris B.