IP Telephony - NBX
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about V3000 and having different DID groups to ring.

jmranchman70
Occasional Contributor

Question about V3000 and having different DID groups to ring.

I am not exactly sure what the best way to ask this question is.  I will do my best.  We have an NBX V3000 system at our office site.  We have about 40 phones on this system.  Another site we have close by had lightning damage and we are adding IP phones (3102 phones) to that site on our same network.  We already have a main line coming into our first site and we have it so that all phones in the main office ring at once.  I have already placed one phone at our second site and that works fine and I simply gave it its own DID.  My question is, can we set the phones at our second site to ring simulatneously on that DID or is this impossible because we already have phones on this same system ringing simultaneously at our first stie, and to a different number.  I didn't think it was possible but thought I might ask.

I know we probably need to move to VCX if we are going to get serious about this but I hoped we could rig our way around doing this with the NBX.  Thanks for any help.  jmranchman.

1 REPLY
bosoxfan
Trusted Contributor

Re: Question about V3000 and having different DID groups to ring.

How are all the phones ringing at the first site? are they all in a hunt group?? or is the line an analog line that is mapped to the phones?

I will presume that it is a PRI line coming in.. all you need do is create a pretranslator for that DID.. suppose the telco sends you the last 4 digits for that DID, ex, 1234.. then creat a pretranslator that maps 1234 to

a hunt group.. Make that hunt group a calling group and put all the phones at the second site into that hunt group.

Hope this helps !