1752805 Members
5835 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

R6_5_18 SIP Mode G729

maknbx_1
Frequent Advisor

R6_5_18 SIP Mode G729

What kind of type of wav files i can import on NBX Release 6_5_18 in SIP mode and NBX Messaging mode G729?

I try with more software to convert the wav in G729 but the NBX don't recognized any sample rate og G729.

In a G711 mode it work fine with wav files on u_Law 8,000 kHz 8 bit mono.
6 REPLIES 6
merlin_1
Super Advisor

Re: R6_5_18 SIP Mode G729

R6.5.18 sip mode supports :

G711 and G729

R6.5.18 in nip ( nbx ) mode supports adpcm

In the NBX directory for the aa there are 3 different folders :

G711

adpcm

G729

maknbx_1
Frequent Advisor

I know wath did you say, but when import a wav files, in NBX 6_5__18 SIP mode and NBX Messaging G729 all sample rate i try with wav G729 not recognized and can not import into NBX.

ADPCM is only support in nbx not in SIP mode, in SIP mode only G711 and G729.

Also i see three folder you say but now i do not use, in the past is very simple, for example i download the wav files i record with phone in folder by ftp and with a sample player o recording windows xp, i see wath compression nbx support. Now when i record the msg with phone it's difficult to play this file.

Infact my question is wath kind of G729 wav file or sample rate support on NBX, in a electronic guide, help or so don't describe this particular and it's difficult to try on internet this particular.

I try from 8000 to 48000 sample rate but nothing work.

N.B.: if my customer choose to change from NBX "standard mode" to SIP, lost VM and AA recording, when in SIP mode if change from G711 to G729 or from G729 to G711 lost another way the VM and AA recording!
merlin_1
Super Advisor

When changing from Standard ( nip ) NBX Mode to SIP mode your codecs change to a default of G711 and you lose ALL of your recordings so no recordings are saved . When you convert your files cculaw G711 should take care of it . G 729 is only used when you change the voicemail codec AFTER you reboot into sip . You do not have to use G729 at all . Stay with the default G711 .

maknbx_1
Frequent Advisor

Thanks for reply.

But only way is in nip mode and NBX Messaging in G729 do not work and never can i use. RIGHT?

In nip mode when i use G729, why there is this compression?

Sorry for my question, i'm interesting because i study and certificate about NBX about 8 year and last 2 year with VCX, and interesting why 3Com insert the G729 audio compression but i cannot use.

Not importnant to the customer, he stay (reboot) to G711 and nothing all. The hard disk have much more space and other things for him not interesting, for me verify and study and wait the conseguence and hope the new release arrive with fix or new.

THANKS
merlin_1
Super Advisor

In NIP ADPCM only

In SIP G711 and G729

maknbx_1
Frequent Advisor

I understand but not at all.

I know very well the compression are in NBX and show me in a NetSet, but remain the things, don't use the G729 if i would like to import my wav files because WE don't know the version/compression/sample rate recognized by NBX or if it work.

Remember i try to import in a 8 or more different sample rate but the NBX show me "not recognized and see help for information", the guide not show this.

THANKS