108786 Solutions
New Discussion

R6_5_22 and on-hold while transferring

SOLVED
Go to solution
bigmaneric97_1
Frequent Advisor

R6_5_22 and on-hold while transferring

We recently upgraded to R6_5_22 and since then when our customers call they hear on-hold music while being connected to our operators.  The strange thing to me is how the previous administrator set the system up to work.  The call comes in and goes to an AA that only transfers them to a virtual phone that then forwards them to an ACD group.  The ACD group is set to round robin the calls and record the call statistics.  Can I just send them straight to the ACD?

Thanks for the help.

Eric

9 REPLIES 9
merlin215
Valued Contributor

Re: R6_5_22 and on-hold while transferring

Absolutely . Sometimes a little trickery was involved to forward calls to different places via phantom extensions .

You should also load the P03 Patch for R6.5.22 as well . Lots of fixes in it .

The cleaner the better !

bigmaneric97_1
Frequent Advisor

I have installed P03 getting ready to convert SIP.  We have 19 remote locations that have NBX V3000 or V5000 and all are now at R6_5_22P03.  When a customer is dialing one location and getting transfered to our call center they may hear nothing.  No MOH and no ring.  Some hear the MOH and one I test last night I got MOH and a ring together.  There seems to be no rhyme or reason.  I checked all of the NBX's and made sure MOH for transfer was checked.

Getting Dazed and confused.

Thanks,

Eric

bosoxfan
Trusted Contributor

MOH is mutlicast. .so it sounds like you do not have multicast packets allowed through the routers... that is why you would get silence.. system recognizes MOH is on and no MOH to play...

As for getting both MOH and ringback, that is quite strange... not sure of that.

bigmaneric97_1
Frequent Advisor

lticast packets would have to be getting through because I can setup conference calls and that uses maulticast also.  The strangest part to me is the fact that it seems to be different from location to location and I have all of the asme configs in my routers and phone switches.  The only difference is having v5000's with expansion chassis's and v3000 analog switches.

Thanks for the help.

merlin215
Valued Contributor
Solution

I have installed P03 getting ready to convert SIP.  We have 19 remote locations that have NBX V3000 or V5000 and all are now at R6_5_22P03.  When a customer is dialing one location and getting transfered to our call center they may hear nothing.  No MOH and no ring.  Some hear the MOH and one I test last night I got MOH and a ring together.  There seems to be no rhyme or reason.  I checked all of the NBX's and made sure MOH for transfer was checked.

Getting Dazed and confused.

Thanks,

Eric

Get rid of any groups in the middle and try a direct call form the DID to an acd group without anything in the middle . Make sure its a clean set up . Next add back in anything that you need for the gorup , like maybe a phantom mailbox or user if necessary . This will tell you where the issue lies .

The NBX will use either Forwarded  or transferred methods for sending calls . Each one may affect a different way of MOH or MOT .  Try and see if by removing the MOH and MOT you get different results .

bigmaneric97_1
Frequent Advisor

I discovered that the problem really isn't the music on hold.  When our customer dial a location they should hear a ring until someone in the ACD answers the phone.  We have set the lines to directly call the ACD group and made the entries into the dial plan.  When I set one of the analog lines to go directly to a phone I hear a ring until answered.  I get the ring for the POTS line I call and when it answers and then sends me to the extension I want I don't hear any more rings.

The software version on the POTS card is R6_0_59, I'm not sure of the model number on the card in the chassis but my V3000 have the same software version them as well.  I upgraded everything to R6_5_22P03.  Could there be an issue with the different software versions?

Thanks again,

Eric

merlin215
Valued Contributor

your ACD parameters and see if you are using any music on hold or timers are set incorrectly ...

Dave_H
Advisor

I am having an Issue that is similar to this. When people call in on DID and are transfered to another v3000 through vpn they do not get voice mail message I have 2 NBX v3000 on R6_5_22 and have been looking for P03 to download and can not find it to see if it will fix my problem.  Thank you for any help that you can give.

merlin215
Valued Contributor

I think this is a litel different but when did you notice this starting to occur ?

Any changes to the system ?

R6.5.22 does not have an issue like this as far as I know ....

what hap[pens when the tel rings 4 or 5 times ? Hang up ? continue to ring ?