cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Redirect all outside call to another NBX

bigmaneric97_1
Frequent Advisor

Redirect all outside call to another NBX

I need to send all oubound calls, both local and long distance to a remote NBX for processing.  It will be a V3001 R6_5_22P05 forwarding toe V5000 250PWR R6_5_22P03.  I tried unsuccesfully to get the outbound calls rerouted and the VTL stats showed the calls going from one to ther but then I would get an "All Ports Busy"  message on the LCD.

Thanks,

Eric

7 REPLIES
merlin215
Valued Contributor

Re: Redirect all outside call to another NBX

Need more info that that . 

IP to IP set up correctly ? 

Can you dial internal calls form tel to tel on bopth sites ? 

Are you dialing offsite via the vtls's ; Hop Off calls ? 

Table 2 ( incoming did and   auto attendant ) is where the inbound call is routed from NBX 1 over to the route that will be set up for the VTL  to NBX 2 . 

Route create first with the number of the route 

destinationroutecreate 

destinationrouteentrycreate

destinationrouteoperationcreate

In *0006 is your vtl ports members ?

End of your IP addresses have stars (*) ? 

Calls will go via IP address to the remote NBX . Then a look up is performed on the info sent ( IP address ) , then at the end of the string is the ext number or destination number  . All ports busy sounds like a confuration error . 

Then assign your new route id's into table 1 and 2 . 

bigmaneric97_1
Frequent Advisor

IP to IP is correct from what I can tell.

I can dial an extension from each location to the other.

basically any number that is dialed that starts with an 8 or a 9 I want to redirect to our main NBX with the massive PRI channels fro out bound calls.  We have no POTS lines at this location and did not have the old PRI moved to the location.  basically anything would would normally go out the LocalCO I need to forwad to the other NBX.

I'll work on the route creation but we know how well I did with the last one.  :)

The VTL's are in *0006

The end Of the IP's have "*" on the end.  Should I leave out the the striplead command since I am already sending the 9 or the 8?

Thanks,

Eric

bigmaneric97_1
Frequent Advisor

Okay here is what I have from my dial plan.

TableEntry Create   1    10  9              8   8 Wan                0    54

TableEntry Create   1    33  8              8   8 WAN                0    54

DestinationRoute Create    54 National Dial  VTL Connect

DestinationRouteEntry Create    54     1 *0006

DestinationRouteOperation Create    54     1      1 prepend    xxx*xxx*xxx*xxx*<VTL_Password>*

So anything that starts with an 8 or a 9 should go to route 54 on extension *0006(VTL's) and prepend with the IP addres and VTL password to send to the NBX #2.

Is that correct?

Thanks,

Eric

bigmaneric97_1
Frequent Advisor

Is there anything that I should check on the 2nd NBX in the configuration?

Thank you,

merlin215
Valued Contributor

That is doable . I would need to see the whole dial plan on both systems in order to give you an answer .  The 2nd NBX will see all of the digits and process the call . You can strip off the IP address . 

91xxxxxxx will be sent to the second NBX and the call Processor will process these digits and make the outbound call after reading the password . The pwd must match in netset as well as on the route . 

We do this all of the time .... 

bigmaneric97_1
Frequent Advisor

I'll get both of these to you.

Thanks,

merlin215
Valued Contributor

Also I will need access to the site and be able to work on your  dial plans if necessary