1748235 Members
3496 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Remote reboot of all phones at once

Boris L. Perlovsky
Occasional Advisor

Remote reboot of all phones at once

Anyone know if it's possible to remotely reboot all of the phones on the NBX at one time? I know you can go into NetSet > Device Configuration > Telephone, select a phone and within the Status to check Reset Device, which will reboot the phone, but I want to do this System Wide to all phones.

thx,

perlovsky

5 REPLIES 5
mbarnett112477
Frequent Advisor

Re: Remote reboot of all phones at once

Not that I am aware off. What are you trying accomplish? Can you just reboot the system instead or have people unplug the power on there phone manually. Or just reset you at a time in Telephone configuration>Telephones

Michael J Barnett

Telecom/Network Manager

Influent Inc

Dublin Oh 43017
Michael J Barnett

Telecom/Network Manager

Influent Inc

Dublin Oh 43017
cbunting
Advisor

If you have a managed switch, reboot the switch to cycle POE... I've been in that boat before, where the phones are locked up

Boris L. Perlovsky
Occasional Advisor

I have a strange issue where some phones randomlly 'freeze' up. When this happens the 'frozen' phone has no dial tone but the time is up-to-date, also inbound calls go directly to vmail, and if you place an outbound call from the 'frozen' phone there's only one-way audio (far-end can hear, but near-end cannot). The NBX shows the phone as online. Rebooting the phone fixes the issue.

These are 1102 phones and no PoE switch involved, so I can't power cycle from that point.

Any ideas?

perlovsky

cbunting
Advisor

1102's are definatly aging now... but are these phones remote over a VPN or are they all on the local network?

Boris L. Perlovsky
Occasional Advisor

They are on a LAN, but traffic is routed between the phone network and the NBX network.