4249 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Robotic voice heart

calama
Occasional Advisor

Robotic voice heart

Hi all,

With an NBX V3000R BRI I can hear by moment that the voice is like as a robotic voice and very disconnect. I use the 3101 and 3102 phone in my enterprise and the NBX is running the Ethertap protocol by default

any one can help me to fixe that?

Thanks in advance

3 REPLIES 3
merlin_1
Super Advisor

I think you mean ethernet only ?

Common problem but the issue could be in your network . The NBX uses ethernet only to talk in layer 2 mac level . When the traffic hits the network the network will shape and send the traffic , specifically your switches . Could be a couple of issues . Network protocol 802.1Q ( QOS ) should be checked to make sure its configured on the local switches . This is a voice priority Queue to send the voice traffic before the data traffic only If your network gets busy . Also , if this is set and still have issues , then it may be certain parts of your network are busier than others , and the voice traffic is what we call getting stepped on by other network traffic . You may want to check your network and see if there are abnormal amounts of traffic at certain times , possibly causing these issues .

Does this occur all the time or just sometimes , meaning some calls ? Any specific types of calls ?

calama
Occasional Advisor

Thank you Merlin,

By Ethertap I would say “proprietary 3Com protocol†, but I have learned this morning that "H3" is the protocol used between phones and NBX. you believed that the reason is the network problem, but there is only 30 phones for 30 users and we have all renoved wire (cabling CAT 6) and switch (3Com 4200) I don’t have Vlan and I don't need to do tagging (802.1Q).

Yes this occurs sometimes only heard by the caller, but in last Friday I have noticed that this occurred every time. The calls arrived to different caller, cell and other...

Thanks a lot to your precious helps

merlin_1
Super Advisor

I would probably try to enable QOS on your switches to make sure that the Voice Packets are not being delivered late . When the packets get back to the tel , if they are late they will be out of order causing the robotic sound as the packets are dropped . We do not resend voice packets