4454 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

SIP and dialplans

DanCarroll
Frequent Advisor

SIP and dialplans

I have 8 NBX's tied via VTL's

I do use the acd features on these systems and for that reason I can not make these units SIP, Yet!!

My question is -

If I put an NBX operating in Sip mode onto a different Subnet of my network. When a SIP calls comes through to the SIP enabled nbx, where can the can I change the incomming stream to just the extension number called. That way I can pass the extension number via a T1 tieline to the Non SIP nbx's for processing.

Until the ACD features come back into the software, I have to do some type of work around.

Any help,comments,jokes and or ridicule will be accepted!

Thanks
4 REPLIES 4
DanCarroll
Frequent Advisor

Re: SIP and dialplans

I have 8 NBX's tied via VTL's

I do use the acd features on these systems and for that reason I can not make these units SIP, Yet!!

My question is -

If I put an NBX operating in Sip mode onto a different Subnet of my network. When a SIP calls comes through to the SIP enabled nbx, where can the can I change the incomming stream to just the extension number called. That way I can pass the extension number via a T1 tieline to the Non SIP nbx's for processing.

Until the ACD features come back into the software, I have to do some type of work around.

Any help,comments,jokes and or ridicule will be accepted!

Thanks
merlin_1
Super Advisor

Dan are you are talking about a gateway to gateway ( DLC to DLC ) type of set up ?

You have to setup did's with routes . So when the call comes in you will match on the did to the extension over the Tie Line . System one needs to know the route to say System 2 ( via the new tie line )

Table 1 and Table 2 , internal and external ) just like the VTL's but only point them to the Tie Line extension list .

DanCarroll
Frequent Advisor

Merlin

Yes DLC to DLC.

so my did entry will look like the SIP line -"sip:ext@NBX IP address" or just the extension numbers?

Thanks

merlin_1
Super Advisor

when an inbound call comes in , it will be routed over to the T1 tie line the same way you set a route up for say a timed route .

Build a route , send it to the ext list for your T1 channels . Next in your dial plan , assign the route to the did in table 2 .

dest route entry create

dest route operation create

Make sur ethe route sends the callers to the T1 extension lsit then you can put an entry into table 2

to say :

did 4400 goes to route 20

Search on 3KB # 2.0.51256338.2906885 as well . There are a lot of good articles out there as well .

Anothe rone for hop off is this one : 2.0.99405641.3670094

This message was edited by merlin on 10-7-09 @ 7:12 AM