1748229 Members
3983 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion

Saremo prompt

direwolfnj
Occasional Advisor

Saremo prompt

NBX 3001R. /OS 6.0.14  Lost power, now through the console port it has a Saremo prompt. No access to Netset. Phone system down.  Not the normal NBX prompt. Can't reboot from this prompt. Any ideas? No one is onsite to do a reboot.

5 REPLIES 5
merlin_1
Super Advisor

Re: Saremo prompt

System needs to be rebooted again . Seems that it got stuck at this prompt which means it could not read the driv e.

Also , R6.0.14 code is sucha troublesome older cod e. Suggest asap you go to R6.0.63 code thats been out for over a year , maybe longer . No charge if you are running R6.0 code now .

This message was edited by merlin on 4-26-10 @ 7:06 AM
direwolfnj
Occasional Advisor

Thanks. I had someone onsite reboot. I was hoping there was a console command to reboot like at the 3001r> prompt.

merlin_1
Super Advisor

Thats a hardware prompt , and , although you can do a few things , nothing related to the running of the system . More lower level stuff . If you continue to reboot and get this , it usually means the drive cannot be read .....

Possible bad hard drive , but I have seen issues where folks get to this prompt and cannot get back to the V3001R prompt .

bosoxfan_1
Super Advisor

if you get the Saremo prompt, you should be able to type "go" and the box will continue to boot. this is

a hardware prompt that usually occurs if someone had a console cable connected and hit a key when the system is rebooting (we print on the console "hit any key to break into the boot monitor"

direwolfnj
Occasional Advisor

Thanks, I will try it if it ever happens again. The system did come up after power off/on.