IP Telephony - NBX
1745782 Members
3498 Online
108722 Solutions
New Discussion

System GUI frozen, tried to delete voicemail in GUI as Admin. Is there s suspend command?

SOLVED
Go to solution
mbarnett112477
Frequent Advisor

System GUI frozen, tried to delete voicemail in GUI as Admin. Is there s suspend command?

I am aware of the 6_5_22 patch that is out but was curious about the new code I hear is being released. When is it being released?

I just tried to delete 6 User Account saved voicemail meesages all at once. The system may be frozen, it has been trying to delete these 25 messages for 15 minutes. It seems that everytime I try to delete vociemails the box freezes, it is not longer reachable by the GUI. The system is still funcational however.

Is there anyway to suspend that task. Control R isnt really an option during middle of the day at our HQ location. Bringing the system down, waiting for all phones to register and the digital line card and PRI span to come online takes 5 minutes.

I really need to suspend the task without rebooting.

V3001

6_5_22 (Patches are not applied)

170 Devices

Memory Upgrade installed

13 VTLs

4 Ports of Vociemail

35 Group II

Michael J Barnett

Telecom/Network Manager

Influent Inc

Dublin Oh 43017
3 REPLIES 3
bosoxfan
Trusted Contributor
Solution

Re: System GUI frozen, tried to delete voicemail in GUI as Admin. Is there s suspend command?

Sounds like your web task is already suspended.. if you connect a console or telnet into the box, do an "i" command and see the state of the TemWeb task.. is it suspended?

If it is, you might try tr TemWeb (task resume) on the console prompt.. that might do the trick.

ChuckSykes
Collector

Re: System GUI frozen, tried to delete voicemail in GUI as Admin. Is there s suspend command?

There is a suspended command.

merlin215
Valued Contributor

R6.5.22 code

P03 Patch

This MUST be laoded onto R6.5.22 code .

I am not aware of any new releases coming out , but there is a P04 patch with a few fixes . Not ready for Primetime yet .

Interesting how you are saying that a lot of mboxes are having this issue . I would load the 03 patches  as it has some vmail fixes as well  , the sooner the better . every oncve in a while we hear of a cprrupt mauilbox that needs to be removed and re installed . How many total are giving you issues ?

Unfortuantely in the architecture of the system you can ts & tr the tasks but a very serious warning ::::

tr taskname

ts taskname

It may not resolve the task issue due to task dependancy on each other as most incidents require a full reboot . If you resume or suspend a task , it may cause other issues and we will not guarantee that the site will be stable after these tasks are performed .  Hence a reboot may be necessary to restore all operations .