5987 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Time Drift on 2102 Phones

DataSource
Advisor

Time Drift on 2102 Phones

Hello,

I have several 2102 phones registered to a single NBX 100 system. Phones local to the system are fine but phones that are across a point to point connection will have their clocks drift. If we reboot the phones they pull the correct time but will at some point loose the correct time. Out of at least 10 phones they will all register different times but the date stays the same and is correct. Running R6. Any ideas out there as to why this is happeneing?

4 REPLIES 4
bosoxfan_1
Super Advisor

hi

The NBX sends out a multicast message with the time and that is the way that the phones keep their time.

Since the phones are remote, check your router settings and see if multicast is being sent over the router.

Another way to check is to see if that phone can participate in a conference call.. do they get audio?

Conference calls also use multicast.

Hope this helps !!

DataSource
Advisor

Thanks Bosoxfan. After I allowed Multicast to traverse the point to point the time display on the phones synced right up.

As a follow up question does call transfer on the NBX happen to use multicast as well? The primary site occasionaly has isues transfering calls to the remote site.

bosoxfan_1
Super Advisor

hi

No, transfer is all unicast packets..

Try enabling "one button transfer" on the system settings. This means you can hit the transfer, dial the number and then hang up.. the transfer will complete.

without this enabled, the transfer would be aborted.

(you would need to hit transfer, dial number, transfer again, then hangup)

DataSource
Advisor

Hello Bosoxfoan. I just checked and "One Button Transfer" is enabled on the system. Not sure what to check next.