1752278 Members
4572 Online
108786 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Transfer inbound caller id to outbound call

cmartin_1
Occasional Contributor

Transfer inbound caller id to outbound call

I am not really sure if this is posible but I thought this is the place to go to find out.  I would like to capture the inbound callerid and send it to an external extension if the person is not there.  If I have not worded that correctly here is a scenario. 

Inbound call comes into ext 100 and the person is away from the desk

Their phone is setup to transfer the call to their cell phone

I want to pass the caller id from the outside caller to the cell phone.

We have a v3000 running r5.0.31

Thanks in advance for any input.

This message was edited by cmartin on 12-17-09 @ 9:18 AM
8 REPLIES 8
merlin_1
Super Advisor

In the NBX tab to it :  

Go to country settings / regional settings / advanced and change the way the caller id is sent to send transferring party's caller id

That should do it ...

bosoxfan_1
Super Advisor

hi. Please note that what Merlin states is only for the Digital Line cards and not the analog line cards.

For analog line cards, this function is really a function of the telco and nothing the nbx can do.

cmartin_1
Occasional Contributor

What if it still shows the main number of our company?  It is a digital pri line from verizon.

bosoxfan_1
Super Advisor

In 6.0, under the country settings, you can change this by clicking on the

"send originator's Caller Id".. this is the default. This does not exist in 5.0, the default is that we do send the originators caller id and NOT the transferring party caller id which you are getting.

One thing to check is a file on your NBX located in /dos0/R5_0_31folder.

ftp into the nbx and get that file off. Check and see if perhapsthe "Originating Caller Id = off " is there.. If it is, then change it to ON. If there is not "Originating Caller id", that means it is by default turned on.

Perhaps the telco is modifying the caller id and sending the main caller id of the number.. Requires further investigation.

cmartin_1
Occasional Contributor

5.0.31 has the Send Transferring Party's Caller ID and  Send Originator's Caller ID radio buttons. Which file are you talking about you gave the location but not the file name?

bosoxfan_1
Super Advisor

oops. sorry about that .. file is NBOSS.CFG

cmartin_1
Occasional Contributor

It looks like the telco is stopping us.  Thanks for all the help.

jprichard
Advisor

We have alot of issues with the various Telcos in our state; most will not allow a 'tandem call' (forwarded externally) because the 'FROM' CallerID is NOT within the block of customer-owned numbers on the PRI, and therefore Telco blocks the call.  Maybe in your case, they just allow the call with the BTN on the PRI.  In our case, it's either a reorder tone, or dropped call.  But it's based on what the Telco allows, so subject to yours in your part of the country.