1753485 Members
4673 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: V3000 Voice Mail Lock Outs

EDY4229
Advisor

V3000 Voice Mail Lock Outs

Has anyone had an issue with users not being able to access VM and then the ports locking up with the users extension that tried to access thier Voice Mail? I have 2 systems out of 6 at the same district doing that. We have to re-boot the software to release the ports. This problem occured at 6.0.53 and continued to 6.5.18. I have isolated the system to just a stand alone switch the NBX and a single phone with the same results. Any suggestions?

22 REPLIES 22
merlin_1
Super Advisor

Sometimes Analog lines will not hang up and cause the vmail port to stay online . Also , IMAP can cause a similar issue whereby it tries to use a vmail port and send msg's via smtp . Try checking this to see if they may be related . Check Offsite Notification as well as vpim or any other voicemail app that you may be using .

I have not heard of any voicemail issues for quite a while as to ports locking up . If you cnanot find it I would suggest opening up a case or put some more info in here and we can try and assist .

EDY4229
Advisor

Thank you for answering my post. We are not using IMAP or EMailing messages. The ports are locking up when the users are checking thier VoiceMails. Once they get logged into thier box there is only dead air and the system does not acknowledge any buttons pressed or disconnect from the VoiceMail when the user hangs up. The ports show inuse with the users extension when checked. I can not reset the ports with the web interface and have to re-boot the software to get the ports to release.

merlin_1
Super Advisor

How many users ?

What voicemail options are being used :

Offsite Notification ?

voicemail only ?

Did you change the codecs in 6.5 ?

6.5 nip mode uses adpcm and in sip it uses either G711 or G729

Anything else ?

You may need to preform a network trace and open a case up as we need to see the very first event that starts this issue . I know of no open voicemail lock up bugs . Plus we may need more logging as well so quickest route is to open up a case .

This message was edited by merlin on 6-22-09 @ 1:14 PM
EDY4229
Advisor

Thank you for the feedback. We currently have 50 users on the system. We are running 6.5.18 and just upgraded from 6.0.63. The issue was occuring in 6.0.63 as well as 6.5.18. We are not running in sip mode and the codac is at the default setting for normal system operation. The customer is not using off site notification. The voice mail is being used in its very basic function. This system is installed in a school and is part of a district that has 4 other systems deployed at other schools and the district office. Thank you

oiscx
Occasional Advisor

I'm having the same problem.

I'm using 6.5.18 and I'm upgrading to 6.5.20 right now to see if it fix it.

Tkz!

keym00

Has anyone came across the fix for this issue? I am not finding much information in the knowledgebase except for this thread. I have a V3000 running R6.0.63 and the Voicemail ports are getting "hung". Sometimes you can just check the port and click "reset", but on other occasions you have to reboot the entire system in order to free them up.

EDY4229
Advisor

Sounds like the exact same issues I was having. We had it happen at 2 locations. We belive they were network related both systems were on the same WAN. When we used a true layer 3 switch the issues went away. I got no real solutions from 3COM.

merlin_1
Super Advisor

To me , this is a new issue that I have not heard about . If you open a case , then we can resolve by getting some details . Something does not sound right as the true layer 3 switch resolves this issue ? Something else may be going on , ie , set up on the switch , network etc as you mention .....

DO NOT run R6.5.18 , as R6.5.22 is now out replacing that version . If this occurred in R6.0.63 code then I would suggest a case and maybe some traces and logs to see if we can find out whats happening .

This message was edited by merlin on 10-28-09 @ 6:58 AM
keym00

Unfortunately opening a case with 3COM is not an option as that requires the customer to have a maintenance contract and I'm not sure if you are aware of this, but 3COM has recently increased their price for Partner Express by 300%. We are trying to work something out now, but until we do the contracts are expired or expiring...I was hoping that someone here may have been aware of a patch of some sort or know the cause behind it.

The "In Use (Seconds)" is showing around 136,000 on one of them, 97,000 on another, 36,000, and lastly unlucky #13,000. It kind of appears that once one goes out, the others are soon to follow. A reset of the port or a reboot of the system always resolves the issue. It only happens every couple months so it's not a huge inconvenience, but nevertheless something we'd like to get resolved.

Thanks for the comments and if anyone comes across a solution for someone with a similar issue to this one that does have a maintenance contract with 3COM, I would be interested in knowing what the solution is or cause behind it.