Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VSM Voice Quality Manager

Dajoh
Occasional Contributor

VSM Voice Quality Manager

I downloaded VSM from

The problem that I have, there's no installation/setup file. The only .exe file is imcvsmdm.exe

When I tried to run the file, give me error ACE.dll do not exists.

When I downloaded ACE.dll from net, it gave me another error with exception handler.

In the readme.html file it said there's installation file and pdf included, yet I cannot find any of them.

Any help?

Much appreciated, thanks!

id

This message was edited by Dajoh on 9-2-10 @ 11:27 AM
7 REPLIES
bosoxfan_1
Super Advisor

Re: VSM Voice Quality Manager

Posted in the wrong forum.. try posting this in the Network Management forum

Dajoh
Occasional Contributor

Is it? This is all about the Phones

I thought all the software does is monitor the quality of the voice. I have one customer complaining about the quality of the voice.

This message was edited by Dajoh on 9-2-10 @ 11:49 AM
merlin_1
Super Advisor

Not sure what VSM is as we handle NBX and apps here . Can you describe a little more detail as to what you are doing ?

Dajoh
Occasional Contributor

Our company recently installed a NBX V3000 in one of the location. They were complaining about the quality of the voice. They said the voice quality is horrible. To me the voice quality just sound fine. We even bring several other people from outside to help us listening to the voice. They also said the quality is fine.

Actually the person that complains is happened to be the "main guy" because the many of them told me that the voice is quality is fine. Due to the nature of government job, you don't get paid until the job is "complete". We pulled cable and installed over 300+ phones, but we cannot get the payment because the "job is not done". We already in the losing side, because after we started the job according to the information that the government provided to us, we ended up install another 50+ extra phones.

I myself not so experienced with 3Com system, but we paid two senior techs, which is not cheap at all, and they said it’s not the system problem; it’s the end user problem.

I'm running out of option at this moment. It's almost two months and we have not got paid even for a penny.  I really think its pure subjective opinion, but obviously the he is not happy. When the senior tech adjusts several options to see if he likes it or not, he pretty much said, "Trial and Error" is not what you guys should do. Since he is the main guy, if we cannot please him we will not get paid for the whole job. I talked to several people that I know, they point the VSM to me, and they said this will test the quality without getting subjective. And hopefully with this I can start reasoning with him.

Thus lead to the original post up there.

Many thanks,

id

bosoxfan_1
Super Advisor

VSM is part of 3com IMC, network management software.. so it monitors the network.. that is why I suggested

that you post in the Network Management forum.

Dajoh
Occasional Contributor

Network Management Forum, IMC seems dead, pretty scary, I posted there, but when I look around, the lastest post was like weeks ago, and that's also problem post. Is there any phone # i can call?

merlin_1
Super Advisor

Yes

800 876-3266 is our main number

Good Luck and let us know how you make out ...