1748128 Members
3700 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: VTL between 2 NBXs DID issue no voice mail

Dave_H
Advisor

VTL between 2 NBXs DID issue no voice mail

I am having an Issue that when people call in on DID through T1 card on NBX 3000 and are transferred though VTL another v3000  they do not get voice mail message I have 2 NBX v3000 they were on R6_5_22 and was looking for P03 to download and can not find it to see if it will fix my problem.  Last night I took the 2 systems back to R6_0_63 and still having issues.  

This setup was working fine since 2006 nothing has changed but this functionally has stopped working sometime in the last month. If the DID calls they can answer the phone just fine but if they don’t there it answers but no outgoing voicemail plays and nothing gets recorded and no keys do anything.   

Thank you for any help that you can give.

17 REPLIES 17
merlin215
Valued Contributor

Hmmm...

what happens after say 4 rings or so ? where does the call end up ?

Nothing changed , so I would guess that it may be table members  like vmail ports or the way the calls are routing .  If the tel rings then it should go to vmail automatically .

Check the table and make sure in the devices using the correct devices ar ein there , table 1 & 2 . Maybe someone removed the vmail prots or changed them .  Look in both systems and see if they are the same to start with ....

Dave_H
Advisor

After 4 or 5 rings it just beeps no outgoing message no commands work either * # or 0.  If I call my DID and answer and transfer to the remote extension it also does not go to voicemail same beep no outgoing message but if I dial from my phone the remote extension I can get voicemail Outgoing message and leave a message.  I have restored the old Dial Plans and that did not do anything.  I am calling the phone company to see if they changed anything.  

Let me know if looking at my dial plans will help. 

Thanks for the fast reply.

merlin215
Valued Contributor

Just a beep when you trasnfer a caller from site 1 to site 2 , but internally the call goes correctly to voicemail ?

Hmmm .... Now thats a good one .....

Only difference would be table 2 as that controls inbound calling , but I am now not sure about a dial plan issue per what you describe .

Only on inbound calls to the remote location you get a beep ? Not dead air or some sort of strange noise , but a beep ?

Any network changes done ?

Any telco changes but I do not think this is a telco issue at all

Interesting how it just started happening ....

How many tels in the remote location ?

Is this a business rmeote location or someones home ?

can you describe how you connect to the remote location please ?

bosoxfan
Trusted Contributor

The only way to get to the bottom of this issue is a network trace on both sides....not an easy thing to do !!!

You will see where the audio is going..

YOu may be able to get by with just doing one side, the receiving side.. do the trace so you are getting all input /output from the NBX...

one other thing to try, dial the number , you hear nothing. however, if you hit the # sign, are you able to leave a message????

Dave_H
Advisor

Re: VTL between 2 NBXs DID issue no voice mail [ New ]

Options

11 hours ago - last edited 11 hours ago

Just a beep when you trasnfer a caller from site 1 to site 2 , but internally the call goes correctly to voicemail ?  Exactly 

Hmmm .... Now thats a good one .....

Only difference would be table 2 as that controls inbound calling , but I am now not sure about a dial plan issue per what you describe .

Only on inbound calls to the remote location you get a beep ? Not dead air or some sort of strange noise , but a beep ? A beep then dead air if you hit the number 1 key you get a second beep but no message gets recorded and still no out going message.  

Any network changes done ? nothing changed on the network

Any telco changes but I do not think this is a telco issue at all  they said nothing changed on there end but they ran test on our lines

Interesting how it just started happening ....

How many tels in the remote location ? there are about 10 to 15

Is this a business rmeote location or someones home ? it is another office tied through a point to point t1 through 2 3com 3016 routers with a NBX v3000 at each office 

can you describe how you connect to the remote location please ?it is another office tied through a point to point t1 through 2 3com 3016 routers with a NBX v3000 at each office 

The only way to get to the bottom of this issue is a network trace on both sides....not an easy thing to do !!!  I will try to do this soon

You will see where the audio is going..

YOu may be able to get by with just doing one side, the receiving side.. do the trace so you are getting all input /output from the NBX...

one other thing to try, dial the number , you hear nothing. however, if you hit the # sign, are you able to leave a message????  Nope it never records anything.

merlin215
Valued Contributor

I agree in reto the traces . Also , is this occurring in all tels at the remote site ?

Dave_H
Advisor

I am trying to figure out how to run traces.  Today I watched the VTL Status on both sides on main Site the call goes out on last VTL and on remote site it comes into the first VTL.  I also watched the NBX messaging Configure Status and saw the extension number, username  in the Used By section on the last voice mail port.  This it telling me that at least the system is attempting to work correctly.  I also tried calling directly into the remote NBX and then transfered to an extension and I watched on the Voice  Mail configure Status, the last port was auto attendent and the next to last port was the users mailbox and it played the outgoing message and I was  able to record a message.  I was also able to transfer to the main site from the remote site  and leave a voicemail so comunication going that way is fine.

Is there a site that can help me with a network trace?

Dave_H
Advisor

Ok I just tried something and figured out it is something to do with my digital t1 PRI line card.  I plugged in a pots line into the main nbx v3000 and was able to get transferred and leave a voicemail at the remote site. 

I have reset the card gateway chassis but it did not help.  So it seems like the VTL and voicemail are ok, it is something in the Digital line card. 

bosoxfan
Trusted Contributor

The issue you describe, call from PRI card into NBX, then across VTL to another NBX not getting vm announcement is an old one that was fixed in 6.0.63.. make sure that both systems are running 6.5.22.

Also, can you check your pretranslator?? are there any "-" or "z" in the pretranslator.. as weird as this sounds, there was an issue that if a "-" or "Z" in pretranslator, no vm announcement.