5965 Online
108797 Solutions
New Discussion

VTL using PRI

SyedTaimur
Occasional Visitor

VTL using PRI

Hi,

I have two V3001 systems on 3 VTLs. I can dial to remote NBX through POTS but when i try the same through E1-PRI then remote IP phone shows invalid number error. E1 works fine when I dial local numbers with prefix 9 as per my Dial Plan. Extension calls to remote NBX are working but the problem only appears when I do the external call. I hope that I am using the correct connection stringas it is working for POTS

DestinationRouteOperation Create    5     1      1 stripLead  2
DestinationRouteOperation Create    5     1      2 prepend    192*168*99*10*10545770*9

prefix is handled by removing 9 before dialing out (it works from local NBX)

DestinationRouteOperation Create    1     3      1 stripLead  1

Thanks,

Taimur

4 REPLIES 4
merlin215
Valued Contributor

Re: VTL using PRI

Did you use a password ? VTL hop off calls require a password .

SyedTaimur
Occasional Visitor

yes i did same as in script above "10545770". I even tried changing the password just to see if it was authenticating properly and with changed password the error reply changed to "Not Allowed". So i guess password was working fine. On receiving PRI span the log appears as:

Channel     Direction     Called party     Calling party         Extension     Completion Cause code
10          To PSTN       03009999991      192*168*99*10*155                   0 :NO_DIAG

bosoxfan
Trusted Contributor

...dialing the number 03009999991 works fine from the local NBX?

Your telco may not be connecting the number because the caller id is incorrect.

We have seen that many times.

Go into Netset, Country Settings/Regional Settings/Advanced Regional Settings, click on "Send Transferring Party's Caller Id". .and make a test call... does this work?

merlin215
Valued Contributor

Not allowed can be a few things . A star not at the end of your dialing string in the dp , cos not allowing the call ( check your class of service settings ) .

Also you may want to strip off that IP address from hitting your telco . on the ssyem with the pri  - make sure to add a striplead XX digits - 192*168*99*10* = 14 digits so your striplead would be 14 . This will remove only the IP address of your outgoing digits . If you remove the ip address you should see the last 4 digits ( extension number . Then You can add in your caller id