IP Telephony - NBX
1751872 Members
5551 Online
108782 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Zone Paging Issues

woodyca

Zone Paging Issues

We have created a paging zone 6999 with about 20 phone in it. We can page fine the first time since the V3000 was powered on. All pages after that fail. 6201 will also not work after the first page. We reboot the V3000 the paging function will then work one time only. Any pages after the first continue to fail.

We thought it was a multicast issue. So we connect a 2226 power switch to the v3000 and a couple phones. We get the same problems with the paging.

I was told that Snooping had to be off on the switches, but these basline switches have no options to change in reference to snooping.

Our V3000 has code 6.0.31. Thanks in advance for any information

3 REPLIES 3
merlin_1
Super Advisor

Re: Zone Paging Issues

In the past few months , I have seen numerous issues with paging ranging from the groups to Multicast to switch issues to setting up hardware ( using a 2102 speaker inside the tel for the page leads for Paging on a remote end of a building ) . There can be numerous issues with internal and external setup but if you follow the steps below , it should help for internal paging . Also try to remember that we page at layer 2 mac address . Flooding the network with IGMP requests and audio to the device that can pick up the requests . Make sure to set up your IP address , Subnet and Default gateway on the NBX . Most imprtant for the Subnet and the Gateway to be set up correctly as well .

1. Try and find a hub ( an older style non intelligent ) . Plug this in and page . If paging works thru the hub then its a safe bet to say the issue is probably Multicast / IGMP related .

2. If it does not work , then I am of old school - upgrade to R6.0.63 and make sure we have the latest code . Check again

3. If it still does not work then we would need to have a case opened then Traces and logs .

My best guess ? Something on the network - more specifically IGMP . Try this test out and I would like to hear back from you if it works .

Hope this helps !

woodyca

Thanks for the quick response. Do you know the correct IGMP settings?

Thanks Again

DanCarroll
Frequent Advisor

IGMP snoop to disabled.