IP Telephony - NBX
1752762 Members
4957 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

ata - Fire alarm relay - to get ata to dial a call

tech-2600

ata - Fire alarm relay - to get ata to dial a call

A customer is looking for a solution. They used to have a setup where the fire alarm would trigger a relay and a phone call would alert their security offsite.

I would like to know using a 3com NBX with an ATA how to wire the relay contacts to it.

Thankyou for your time.

Tech-2600

4 REPLIES 4
merlin_1
Super Advisor

Re: ata - Fire alarm relay - to get ata to dial a call

Sound slike some sort of 3rd party device was installe don the Analog lione . was it a viking or atlas type of ring down , or some unit to speed dial a number ?

Sorry not enough info .....

tech-2600

The more I look into this I think a relay connected to the ATA is not an option. It requires another device between the ATA and the relay. I see what you mean. Thanks for your reply.

Tigger_2

Hi Tech-2600,

I had a similar problem with an NBX V3000 and got round it by using a Menvier SD1+ Autodialer with the fire message recorded on it. This was then programmed to dial the Central Monitoring Station. They then acknowledged the call by pressing '8' on their keypad which closed the call down.

Connect the dry contact from the fire panel to one of the 3 inputs, say Input A, on the SD1+ and then connect the 'Line' output on the SD1+ to the ATA.

You then need to program the SD1+ with the message and telephone number you want the ATA to dial. :)

Hope this makes sense and helps you!!

Regards,

Tigger

Regards,

Tigger
tech-2600

Thanks Tigger, your reply is very good & I understand now, thanks.