4617 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion

attendant console and transfer to phantom mailbox

greg24
Regular Advisor

attendant console and transfer to phantom mailbox

Hi,

How I do add a phantom mailbox to an attendant console?  I can add lines and extensions easy enough but I haven't figured out phantom mailboxs.  I want the operator to be able to transfer a call directly to a phantom mailbox like to can with a real telephone.  The nbx is a v5000 running 6.5.22.

Thanks,

8 REPLIES 8
JimC_1
Advisor

Re: attendant console and transfer to phantom mailbox

When the system requires a device in order to connect, usually a mac address will cause the system to detect it as a device - even though it is never really connected.

Then configuration can be done as if it were a device - just one that always goes to its call coverage.

I hope this works for you. It has worked well for me.

greg24
Regular Advisor

Hi,

How I do add a phantom mailbox to an attendant console?  I can add lines and extensions easy enough but I haven't figured out phantom mailboxs.  I want the operator to be able to transfer a call directly to a phantom mailbox like to can with a real telephone.  The nbx is a v5000 running 6.5.22.

Thanks,

merlin_1
Super Advisor

Phantoms cannot be added as a button as it is not a device . Use a speed dial to that ext # .

greg24
Regular Advisor

Thank you.

greg24
Regular Advisor

I setup System Dials for each phantom mailbox and assigned the SSD to the attendant console button.  When I press transfer to Voicemail and then press the button for the SSD I get transfer aborted.  What did I do wrong?

Thanks,

JimC_1
Advisor

I don't do this the same way, and have not needed to try it on 6.5 yet.

I usually add a phone device manually with a MAC address in the range of a 2102 phone or use something like 00:00:00:00:00:01 (then 02 for the next phantom, etc.) and assign it an extension and a phone type that does not require a license.

Go into users and give it a name that makes sense to you and exclude it from the directories.

The system will detect it as a disconnected device and transfer the call to the call coverage in the user settings - in this case voicemail - so then you can button-map it just like any other extension.

You might want to give it a try.

merlin_1
Super Advisor

when you state above that you are assigining buttons , You cannot do this to a phantom unless you have already assigned a mac address to the phantom . Is this correct ?

greg24
Regular Advisor

The answer is simplier than that.  Just transfer instead of transfer to voicemail.