3456 Online
108760 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: caller id not showing up quite right

greg24
Regular Advisor

caller id not showing up quite right

Hi,

How do I setup caller id for outgoing calls? For example when ext 1986 dials 9, my home phone number the caller ID at home shows out of area or caller id blocked and no phone number. If I call my cell phone from ext 1986 I get the 7 digit phone number i.e. no area code.

I also have another ext (1774) that display the wrong phone number when she calls out. It displays the number for the rest of the 17xx phones. 1774 has there own direct telephone number I need to program into the nbx.

Why can't the nbx have a caller id tab for each extension? Setup a default for each telephone group and then go into the device configuration and override the default with correct number.

Finally from what I have read on the forum I think I have to contact the telephone company to get the text changed on the phone numbers. Is this right?

I have a T1 channelized as ISDN Pri. I have a NBX 5000 running 5.0.31. The manual doesn't cover setting up outgoing caller id. Even the 6.0 and 6.5 admin manuals don't cover this topic. Why not?

Thanks,

This message was edited by gregw on 6-3-09 @ 4:42 PM
8 REPLIES 8
merlin_1
Super Advisor

3Com Knowledgebase Article

Subject: NBX 100 - How to set up Outbound Caller ID on PRI

Solution ID - 2.0.56739094.2997820

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Goals:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Symptoms: How to set up PRI PreTranslator for CLIP (Calling Line Identification Presentation) for outbound calls

How to set up outbound caller ID on PRI

CLIP not going out

CLIP test not working

Carrier not seeing CLIP

Sending extension out PRI and not CLIP

Only see extension number

Unable to see caller id on phones that have caller id available.

Carrier getting User's Extension number

Changes: Modified Dial Plan

Installed PRI

Facts: NBX 100

NBX CALL PROCESSOR

3C10110

NBX Digital Line Card

Dial Plan

PreTranslator

Caller ID (CID)

Calling Line Identification Presentation (CLIP)

Devices Using for CLI

Causes: CLIR enabled

PreTranslator wrong

No PreTranslator assigned

Customer has spaces or other characters in between the digits instead of an entire string of digits (Ex: Replace 508 486 6200 or 508-486-6200 with 5084866200)

PRI channels not in "Devices Using for CLI" list

No PreTranslator built for CLIP

Fixes: Solution 1: Sending out the seven digits plus the user's extension #. The NBX will prepend the seven digits to the internal three digits.

1. Create PreTranslator in dial plan:

PreTranslator Create 2 Outbound CLI for matching extensions starting with 2xx

/ PreTransId Entry Digits

/ ---------- ----- ------

PreTranslatorEntry Create 2 1 2

/ PreTransId Entry OperId Operation Value

/ ------------- ------ -------- ----------- -----

PreTranslatorOperation Create 2 1 1 prepend 5084866

OR, Solution 2: Sending out the main Billing number 508 486 6200

1: Create PreTranslator in dial plan:

PreTranslator Create 2 Outbound CLI for matching extensions starting with 2xx

/ PreTransId Entry Digits

/ ---------- ----- ------

PreTranslatorEntry Create 2 1 2

/ PreTransId Entry OperId Operation Value

/ ------------- ------ -------- ----------- -----

PreTranslatorOperation Create 2 1 1 replace 5084866200

2. Assign PRI channels to pretranslator:

a. In NetSet >

Dial Plan > PreTranslator tab, select the correct CLIP PreTranslator

b. Click the Devices Using for CLI button

c. Review the Devices Using PreTranslator list on the left. All the appropriate PRI channels should be listed.

d. Click Close

e. Make a test call to a phone with a Caller ID display to view the CID, or

f. Make a test call. Hang up. Go to Device Configuration > Digital Line Card. Click the pull down and select PRI Span List. Select the appropriate Span and click the Status button. Review the Last 5 Calls in the lower portion of the screen--check that the Calling Party Extension is the desired outgoing Caller ID for that call and phone extension.

For more information on ability to dial all telephone numbers over PRI or BRI line see PRI setup

See NBX Administrator's Guide for more information

Notes:

Product(s): NBX

Sub Product(s): NBX 100, NBX Call Processor, NBX Digital Line Card

Date Article Modified: 2003-06-30

greg24
Regular Advisor

Thank you merlin. I assume that the directions will work for the nbx 5000 as the article specifically lists nbx 100. I will try the directions tomorrow. Part of the problem was I was looking at the caller id section in the index of the administrator guide and outgoing calls weren't listed.

Thanks,

merlin_1
Super Advisor

You very welcome

good luck !

greg24
Regular Advisor

Merlin,

OK I added the items to the dial plan and according to the Calling Party Extension the correct information is there. When I dial my home phone to test the phones say "Out of Area". However the phone number is showing up on the called id of my cell phone. So I am guessing I need to talk with ATT as they provide the T1 for voice traffic. Is there anything else I can/should check before I call ATT?

Thanks,

merlin_1
Super Advisor

Do a dial plan test and make sure that you are sending the correct info out . select your extension number and put in the number to dial and click on go . When the white window below appears , on the very bottom of the white page will be a note stating if caller id was sent out .

Caller ID = XXX XXX-XXXX Or what ever number you set up in the dial plan pretrans 2

Also make sure your devices using cli tab has the isdn channels in it . Other wise it will not work as you mus thave this configured to tell the ISDN channels you are sending caller id .

greg24
Regular Advisor

Here is the output from the test

Translation and Routing verification tool

Pretranslator: no pretranslator specified for this device

Translator: Internal 4 Digit Extensions (1)

Matching digit pattern: 7 from entry 9

Call class: Diagnostics

Destination extension: XXXXXXX

I have a outbound caller id presentation pretranslator which is number 3 but it appears that the system isn't using it.

I clicked on the outbound caller id presentation pretranslator and checked the devices using cli button and all of the isdn channels are there.

System-wide CLIR is unchecked.

I will double check the dial plan for mistakes.

Thanks,

This message was edited by gregw on 6-5-09 @ 2:15 PM
merlin_1
Super Advisor

I do not see any caller id . Are youre ISDN trunks using oyur pretrnaslator ?

DialPlan / Prentranslator / select your pretranslator you are using and go to devices using cli (. Make sur ethe ISDN trunks are sle defualt = pretrans 2 Caller ID ) make sure the isdn trunks are selected and in this list .

greg24
Regular Advisor

DialPlan/Pretranslator/Outbound Caller ID Presentation/Devices using cli:

all 23 extensions are showing up under the devices using the pretranslator. The device descriptions are:

(ISDN PRI) TRUNK MAC ADDRESS

From the dial plan:

PreTranslator Create 3 Outbound Caller ID Presentation

PreTranslatorEntry Create 3 4 1800

PreTranslatorOperation Create 3 4 1 replace XXXXXXXXXX

1800 is my extension and it should be replaced with XXXXXXXXXX. I am running 5.0.31 however I will upgrading to 6.0.63 tonight or tomorrow night.