IP Telephony - NBX
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

having a few issues with our NBX 100 system

having a few issues with our NBX 100 system

i some issues with our system we have had the for some time now but i am getting tird of doing the same thing fix the issue with it coming back a week later on us. we have our port locking up  on the phone when more then one person calls in at the main desk and only happens with go to trasfer the call to some one els or one of our hunt groups. 

and now i am having issues with parking calls we have our parts department use it a lot and alot of times the calls witll time out and when that happens it gos a rings the last phone that had park that call how can we have it ring that hunt gorup again when it times out or is there a way to incress the time out rate for the parked call in the system

2 REPLIES
bosoxfan
Trusted Contributor

Re: having a few issues with our NBX 100 system

Regarding the timeout of the parked calls.. yes, a call coming in an analog line and parking it will timeout after 300 seconds by default. It will then ring the phone of the person who parked the call.
You can increase the timeout in the System-Wide Settings/Timers,
Call park timeout.

As you can see , there are other timers.. these are only on calls from analog lines. you might want to increase the transfer timeout and line port hold timeout (for calls on hold)
bosoxfan
Trusted Contributor

Re: having a few issues with our NBX 100 system

Regarding your first issue, on a phone, you need two " system access" buttons to transfer a call.. one that the call is on, when you hit transfer again, the system grabs another SA button.
Perhaps, you attendant does not have enough SA buttons defined on the phone if calls are coming and doing transfers.. this is just a shot in the dark.
you can increase the SA buttons by going to Telephone Configuration/Telephones, click on the persons phone number, then go to button mappings.. You will see 3 System buttons by default, add two more by changing the button to "system"
Note: it may be locked, in that case, go to the telephone group that the user is in and unlock the button