1752426 Members
5866 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

nbx 100 and call forwarding

digimonx
Regular Advisor

nbx 100 and call forwarding

Is there a possibility of turning call forwarding from voicemail to a cell phone number and back to voicemail when required by pressing a button or combination of buttons on 3com phone?

10 REPLIES 10
JSOLANO
Advisor

Re: nbx 100 and call forwarding

I believe if you implement a Exchange call center sever, You can use the "find me follow me feature", I believe It will let you do something similar.

bosoxfan_1
Super Advisor

Try mapping a button to the Call Forward All (cfwd all). it will ask for a number, put in your cell phone. Remember that you must have trunk to trunk enabled on the PRI/Analog card you are going out and also need it enabled in your Class of Service.

When you are in the office, just hit the button to cancel.

JSOLANO
Advisor

when you ment voicemail, do you refer to to the cellphone's or the NBX voicemail extension?

digimonx
Regular Advisor

In case my question was not clear enough I would like to add some more details. In the nbx user settings you can specify how to process the call after certain number of rings: should it go to users voicemail box, another extension or external phone number, etc.. I have an external cell phone number specified. My question is: can I change it to voicemail and then back to external phone number when needed using a button(s) on my 3com digital phone?

I will work on bosoxfan's suggestion.

Any other ideas are appreciated.

Thank you.

merlin_1
Super Advisor

Put a call fwd all button on your tel then go into your user profile for your extension and change your voicemail call fwd all settings to your cell phone and save your settings . By pushing the button on the tel , it should fwd all calls to your cell phone . when call fwd all is off it should follow regular coverage

This message was edited by merlin on 5-8-09 @ 7:11 AM
digimonx
Regular Advisor

I do not have call fwd all as an option for the type in button mappings. What software version is required for that feature to be available? Maybe I look at the wrong place?

bosoxfan_1
Super Advisor

I am using NBX 6.0 software.. go to Netset, telephone configuration, telephones, then click on Button Mapping, you should see "CFWD All" in the pull down menu.

digimonx
Regular Advisor

I do not have it there. I am using older software. Is there a way to add that somehow, like using Other or System Other or some other tricks?

bosoxfan_1
Super Advisor

No, I am afraid not. this was a feature put into 6.0 software.