1752821 Members
4265 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: nbx call reports issue

digimonx
Regular Advisor

I got the same results using another PC.

nbx and call reports are version 4.

merlin_1
Super Advisor

You state error 12002

Were you able to log in via the url and see all of the cdr data in the html format ?

I use 8 zeros on both for testing . NBX CDR should have no trouble accessing the reports .

What older version are you running and can you please be more descriptive in re to the error ?

Does CDR run but times out ?

What happens on the connection window ?

On this window there should be a few steps whereby CDR contacts the NBX and attempts to download . when successful , it should tell you . Is this where you see the error ?

This message was edited by merlin on 5-26-09 @ 9:01 AM
digimonx
Regular Advisor

I am able to login to NBX NetSet and I can download CDR using the URL below:

http:///htfs0/billing.txt?billingUsername,billingPassword,yyy,mm,dd

But when I use NBX Call Reports application to retrieve call logs I get a pop-up window "Communications error" with OK button that says

An error occurred while retrieving information from the NCP. There may be a problem with your network connection. Error info:

When I click OK, the connection window has everything checked and in Import Results section it has 1 Errors, 0 Warnings.

When I click View Log button in connection window, I get this:

Communications Error at 5/26/2009 11:02:16 AM

An error occurred while retrieving information from the NCP.

There may be a problem with your network connection.

Error :

I believe it runs, authenticates and times out.

When I put wrong billing password it gives an error message instantly "File not retrieved. Invalid billing password?"

It is NBX Call Reports version R4.0.0.

merlin_1
Super Advisor

4.0 code ?

That is over 4 years old now !

So the NBX must be running an older version as well . It seems that the NBX will not respond to your request . I would open a ticket up with support .

digimonx
Regular Advisor

If I had a support contract, why I would even use this forum?

digimonx
Regular Advisor

I would not like to purge CDR on the NBX at this point.

I can see HTTP traffic between NBX and computer that runs NBX Call Reports, and it seems like if the call report is too big and NBX Call Reports utility has a time-out limit. Is there a way to modify the time-out setting in NBX Call Reports utility?

digimonx
Regular Advisor

Hello,

Just found out that there are documented cases in 3Com's knowledgebase that the Call Reports does not work with IE7.

Uninstalled IE7 and it works again. How come you did not mention this to me guys? :)

Actually I take this back, because someone here said that Call Reports does not like anything over IE6.

Thank you anyway.

This message was edited by digimonx on 7-15-10 @ 1:31 PM