cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

nbx v3000 startup time long after crash

rdpreville
Occasional Visitor

nbx v3000 startup time long after crash

I have an account who says their system takes 4-5 hours to come back on-line after a power failure. When shutdown normally it takes minutes. Any idea why?

Thanks!

Bob

4 REPLIES
bosoxfan_1
Super Advisor

Re: nbx v3000 startup time long after crash

If the system is running file system 1, when loss of power is detected, the system comes up and runs a

file check... You can see if you are running file system 1 by checking the System-Wide Settings/System Identity web page..

However, with that said, this should NOT take 4-5 hours..... One way of lessening the time is to

delete  any older versions of NBX software.. You should only keep two of them ..

I have seen this take up to 45 minutes depending on how much is on the disk... not 4-5 hours.

merlin_1
Super Advisor

Put a hyperterminal on the NBX and make sure you save the text . When the power failure occurs , go to the hyperterminal and see the boot up process . This will tell you what is going on at the time of a power failure . Remember that when the system goes down , its a shock and could seriously damage the hard drive then it will never come up .

No battery back up ?

rdpreville
Occasional Visitor

This unit is on a UPS but the power outage was longer than the battery life. Is this unit capable of running software such as PowerChute or something native that would allow for a graceful shutdown after a designated period of time?

Thanks!

merlin_1
Super Advisor

Unfortunately , No it cannot . 

I would love to see the Hyperterm after an event . I'll bet its just hanging for some unknown reason , as well as running a phase 2 disk check .

4 or 5 hours is a VERY long time tho . cannot ever see an NBX do that as I would believe the NBX would never reboot versus hanging for that amount of time .