6094 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: single digit transfer in NBX

digimonx
Regular Advisor

single digit transfer in NBX

Hi,

When caller reaches a mailbox of an extension or hunt group in NBX 100, instead of leaving a message he can hit 0 and be transferred to an extension or hunt group setup for single digit transfer in the main menu tree for 0 and while a call is being trasferred the phone system plays the on hold music or message.

Is there a way to override this behavor for certain hunt groups and extensions, i.e. if you reach a certain mailbox then pressing 0 still prompts you to leave a message or does nothing?

Thank you,

digimon

26 REPLIES 26
bosoxfan
Trusted Contributor

Pressing 0 will bring you to whatever extension you had configured in the NBX Messaging/Configure/Personal Operator settings. The only thing you can do is change it to something else, like your main Auto Attendant greeting..
digimonx
Regular Advisor

Thank you for response, my friend.

I cannot seem to find that setting on this NBX.

Can you tell me how to find that setting in the software version 4.3.3?

bosoxfan
Trusted Contributor

in 4.3, go to NBX Messaging icon, then click on Personal Operator that should do it :)
digimonx
Regular Advisor

I do not see Personal Operator in NBX Messaging.

There are three tabs in NBX Messaging: NBX Voice Mail, Auto Attendant and VPIM.

Auto Attendant tab allows to add, modify, remove, menu tree, system-wide greetings and restore AA greetings.

If I select my autoattendant name and click Menu Tree, it will show me the menu tree and the extension number configured for single digit transfer when 0 is hit.

So, my question was: is it possible to configure certain extensions in the way that when caller hears mailbox prompt for that extension and hits 0 the system does not route the call to the extension configured in the menu tree for single digit transfer?

merlin215
Valued Contributor

Personal operator is not availbale until 5.0 I believe .

So, my question was: is it possible to configure certain extensions in the way that when caller hears mailbox prompt for that extension and hits 0 the system does not route the call to the extension configured in the menu tree for single digit transfer?

No  you cannot  . whatever value is in this window is where the caller will go when the caller presses zero .

You may be able to use the timeout value and send any and all callers to a predetermined destination after approx . 15 seconds of doing nothing . This will give your callers a second to choose what they would like to do . This timer cannot be increased or decreased though 

Not sure of your call flow how or where you would like to try and send the caller to .

Just reviewing your original post , it seems that you want to send  the caller to a vmail box if they do not pick up ? Is this correct ?

bosoxfan
Trusted Contributor

oops.. I see that Personal operator came in in 4.4.x release. YOu could go to NBX Messaging/Auto Attendant, click on 500, then Menu Tree. you will see "0" as a single digit transfer to 1000 probably.. just disable that one. You will have to do it to AA 501 also.. maybe that will do the trick !!!!
digimonx
Regular Advisor

Ok, merilin. Let me put it this way: I do not want caller to get anyone else by pressing 0 if he reached extensions 2721 and 3913 for example, but to leave a msg or disconnect.

For all other extensions it is fine, but not for these two. How can I do that?

digimonx
Regular Advisor

The thing is that I do not want to disable it globally but for certain extensions only.

merlin215
Valued Contributor

Hmmmm.....

Not sure in R4.3 as you have no personal operator available .

let me see if I can  find out

Stand By ....