Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

single digit transfer in NBX

digimonx
Regular Advisor

single digit transfer in NBX

Hi,

When caller reaches a mailbox of an extension or hunt group in NBX 100, instead of leaving a message he can hit 0 and be transferred to an extension or hunt group setup for single digit transfer in the main menu tree for 0 and while a call is being trasferred the phone system plays the on hold music or message.

Is there a way to override this behavor for certain hunt groups and extensions, i.e. if you reach a certain mailbox then pressing 0 still prompts you to leave a message or does nothing?

Thank you,

digimon

26 REPLIES
bosoxfan
Trusted Contributor

Re: single digit transfer in NBX

Pressing 0 will bring you to whatever extension you had configured in the NBX Messaging/Configure/Personal Operator settings. The only thing you can do is change it to something else, like your main Auto Attendant greeting..
digimonx
Regular Advisor

Thank you for response, my friend.

I cannot seem to find that setting on this NBX.

Can you tell me how to find that setting in the software version 4.3.3?

bosoxfan
Trusted Contributor

in 4.3, go to NBX Messaging icon, then click on Personal Operator that should do it :)
digimonx
Regular Advisor

I do not see Personal Operator in NBX Messaging.

There are three tabs in NBX Messaging: NBX Voice Mail, Auto Attendant and VPIM.

Auto Attendant tab allows to add, modify, remove, menu tree, system-wide greetings and restore AA greetings.

If I select my autoattendant name and click Menu Tree, it will show me the menu tree and the extension number configured for single digit transfer when 0 is hit.

So, my question was: is it possible to configure certain extensions in the way that when caller hears mailbox prompt for that extension and hits 0 the system does not route the call to the extension configured in the menu tree for single digit transfer?

merlin215
Valued Contributor

Personal operator is not availbale until 5.0 I believe .

So, my question was: is it possible to configure certain extensions in the way that when caller hears mailbox prompt for that extension and hits 0 the system does not route the call to the extension configured in the menu tree for single digit transfer?

No  you cannot  . whatever value is in this window is where the caller will go when the caller presses zero .

You may be able to use the timeout value and send any and all callers to a predetermined destination after approx . 15 seconds of doing nothing . This will give your callers a second to choose what they would like to do . This timer cannot be increased or decreased though 

Not sure of your call flow how or where you would like to try and send the caller to .

Just reviewing your original post , it seems that you want to send  the caller to a vmail box if they do not pick up ? Is this correct ?

bosoxfan
Trusted Contributor

oops.. I see that Personal operator came in in 4.4.x release. YOu could go to NBX Messaging/Auto Attendant, click on 500, then Menu Tree. you will see "0" as a single digit transfer to 1000 probably.. just disable that one. You will have to do it to AA 501 also.. maybe that will do the trick !!!!
digimonx
Regular Advisor

Ok, merilin. Let me put it this way: I do not want caller to get anyone else by pressing 0 if he reached extensions 2721 and 3913 for example, but to leave a msg or disconnect.

For all other extensions it is fine, but not for these two. How can I do that?

digimonx
Regular Advisor

The thing is that I do not want to disable it globally but for certain extensions only.

merlin215
Valued Contributor

Hmmmm.....

Not sure in R4.3 as you have no personal operator available .

let me see if I can  find out

Stand By ....

bosoxfan
Trusted Contributor

changing it for two extensions.. sorry, no can do.. just globally
merlin215
Valued Contributor

Ok

In R4,.3 software , the caller ends up in the persons vmail and is controlled by AA 501. There is no way to distiguish the 2 exts to not be able to use AA 501 . Once in vmail the 501 AA controls the destination after the caller arrives . In R5.0 you can set another personal operator and remove the choices for digits 2 and 3 . That will stop them from dialing extensions .  So , it is an AA issue and not an ext issue . Sorry but no way to stop the after msg dialing , only globally .  Just rebooted one of my lab systems and tested it out .

digimonx
Regular Advisor

:smileysad: Thank you for your help.

merlin215
Valued Contributor

R4.4 was only for the V3000

R5.0 was the code that all platforms  work on , plus the cost of a license  includes 5.0 and 6.0 .

digimonx
Regular Advisor

I will try to get a quote for version 5 or 6.

digimonx
Regular Advisor

I will look into documentation for release 6 to find out how exactly the Personal Operator works.

digimonx
Regular Advisor

From what I read in the admin guide it looks like using personal operator does not help me, because the caller can still access system operator by pressing the access digit for it.

Merlin, could you please provide some more information on this.

Thank you.

digimonx
Regular Advisor

The question remains: will the addition of a personal operator prevent caller from getting to system operator?

Just want to make sure before spending on upgrade.

Please respond.

merlin215
Valued Contributor

No

It will let you assign a different one that you can customize to how you want them to be treated . So if you want them to dead end , make sure your new Operator does not allow them to dial anywhere ......
digimonx
Regular Advisor

Thank you for response, Merlin.

I understand what you are saying. It just seems we are not on the same page.

Even if I set 9 for personal operator, the caller can still dial 0 for system operator, right?

merlin215
Valued Contributor

In R4.3 software

Callers will listen to the message recorded , 

Hi This is joe , I am not at my desk , please leave a message  , dial zero and get the system AA ( 501 )

Unfortunately that is the best we can do .  I had mistakenly thought you could time out to another location but it is not possible to do that .

In netset :

After creating a new AA for your attendant .

1. enable Pers Oper in Voicemail settings

2. Allow in Class of Service

3. Go into user Vmail Profile and assign the digits etc .

There is no way to use a time out due to the system sending all  callers to vmail msg

User Voicemail message

No action needed

In  R5.0 / R6.0 software

Callers will listen to the message recorded , then have a choice to dial 9 for a personal operator if needed as well as their own system att assigned to them  . So 2 new options .

Hi This is joe , I am not at my desk  please leave a message ---  User  dials zero and goes to a custom AA set up under user vmail profile / personal operator - Or set up a Personal Operator  as well ( Personal AA not necessary in your set up )

In netset :

After creating a new AA for your attendant .

1. Go into user Vmail Profile

2. Go into persional Operator

Note - Assuming that you already  Created a new custom Aa for the user - Note you can use the same one for both users if necessary )

4. Assign the new AA to the specific User that will use this Customer AA .  

So your solution is to go to R6.0 software ( same money to upgrade to 5.0 code as you get the licenses for 6.0 and 6.5 included ) .

digimonx
Regular Advisor

Thank you for clarification, Merlin.

Unfortunately, that is not what I needed.

Callers can still get to the system operator if they hit 0. :smileysad:

merlin215
Valued Contributor

PLease reread the edited solution
digimonx
Regular Advisor

According to you, merlin, in version 5 or 6, it is possible to setup custom AA or personal operator for a certain extension that will override the system voicemail AA (501).

That is not what I read in the admin guide for version 6.

Could someone who runs version 6 advise on this please. I need a second opinion :)

Thank you.

merlin215
Valued Contributor

I would suggest that you test it for yourself as well . Due to the facts you submitted , and some questions ourselves ,  We decided to test it in our lab here , and determined the net results . You can get another opinion , but that  is what we support . 

I would again suggest that you use R6.5.22 P03 code  due to :

1. Older code is not supported anymore

2. Too many bugs / fixes in newer codes

3. Stability issues on older codes

4. New features added into the code

Sorry but these are our rules .