bosoxfan
Trusted Contributor

Re: single digit transfer in NBX

changing it for two extensions.. sorry, no can do.. just globally
merlin215
Valued Contributor

Ok

In R4,.3 software , the caller ends up in the persons vmail and is controlled by AA 501. There is no way to distiguish the 2 exts to not be able to use AA 501 . Once in vmail the 501 AA controls the destination after the caller arrives . In R5.0 you can set another personal operator and remove the choices for digits 2 and 3 . That will stop them from dialing extensions .  So , it is an AA issue and not an ext issue . Sorry but no way to stop the after msg dialing , only globally .  Just rebooted one of my lab systems and tested it out .

digimonx
Regular Advisor

:smileysad: Thank you for your help.

merlin215
Valued Contributor

R4.4 was only for the V3000

R5.0 was the code that all platforms  work on , plus the cost of a license  includes 5.0 and 6.0 .

digimonx
Regular Advisor

I will try to get a quote for version 5 or 6.

digimonx
Regular Advisor

I will look into documentation for release 6 to find out how exactly the Personal Operator works.

digimonx
Regular Advisor

From what I read in the admin guide it looks like using personal operator does not help me, because the caller can still access system operator by pressing the access digit for it.

Merlin, could you please provide some more information on this.

Thank you.

digimonx
Regular Advisor

The question remains: will the addition of a personal operator prevent caller from getting to system operator?

Just want to make sure before spending on upgrade.

Please respond.

merlin215
Valued Contributor

No

It will let you assign a different one that you can customize to how you want them to be treated . So if you want them to dead end , make sure your new Operator does not allow them to dial anywhere ......
digimonx
Regular Advisor

Thank you for response, Merlin.

I understand what you are saying. It just seems we are not on the same page.

Even if I set 9 for personal operator, the caller can still dial 0 for system operator, right?