5152 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: straight to VM button

greg24
Regular Advisor

straight to VM button

Hi,

I might have missed something but when a user presses the straight to VM button (the black button with the right arrow and message symbol on a 3102 phone) and the light is lit shouldn't all calls go straight to VM?  Right now the button lights up but outside calls still ring the phone.  I just checked internal calls and they ring the phone too.  The phone number that the outside callers dial is a direct number and is not a hunt group.  The dial plan takes xxx-xxx-3232 and sends it to extenstion 1356.  When another extension dials 1356 the still rings even though the light for straight to VM is lit.  If I press the straight to VM button (when the light is out) when the phone is ringing it goes to VM.  The system is running 6.5.22p03

Thanks,

3 REPLIES 3
bosoxfan
Trusted Contributor

hi

When you have the "forward to vm" button pressed, the phone should still ring once, then forward calls to VM.

If this is what is occurring, then that is how it works.. However, if it is ringing more than once, than there is an issue.

TracyWhite
Occasional Contributor

You can also set DND (Do Not Disturb) in the telephone button mappings. It will then forward based on the user's call foreward settings (typically to the VM box for that user, but sometimes to outside phones or other extensions).

greg24
Regular Advisor

The phone is ringing once and then going to VM.  I though the button made the call go directly to VM without ringing.  My mistake.  I will read up on the Do Not Distrub function.

Thanks,