5834 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

testing phone lights

greg24
Regular Advisor

testing phone lights

Hi,

I have a telephone that is a part of a ring group.  The button lights on one of the phones no longer light up when an incoming call is happening.  When the user puts a call on park the park light doesn't light up.  Is there a way to test the lights?  Is this a bad phone?  Other than the lights it works fine.

Thanks,

5 REPLIES 5
bosoxfan_1
Super Advisor

Re: testing phone lights

hi. You don't say what type of phone this is but if this is a 3102B phone, you can hit the Program button,

then 6, then 7 - Test LCD/LED.. all the lights will light

greg24
Regular Advisor

The phones are 3102b running 6.5.22 on the nbx.  I press the program button then 6 and then 7 and get nothing.  The date and extension are displayed on the screen.  If I press program down arrow I get call logs, directory, Personal Speed Dials, System speed dials, and cfwd all.

Did I miss some documentation?  I don't see anything in the pgbus.pdf I get from the nbx.

Thanks,

merlin_1
Super Advisor

Program 6 brings you into the menu for testing . There are 2 tests that can be done , one a button test and 2 a full led lamp test . eitehr way , You scroll down on the list and you will find the correct test . In the admin manual , page 452 , explains the button tests and  how to .

Note VCX and NBX are slightly different .

Regardless the admin guide will walk you thru this .

This message was edited by merlin on 2-9-10 @ 7:56 AM
DanCarroll
Frequent Advisor

The phone has to be unplugged from the network. Then power cycle the phone. .

When the phone display says "connect to phone port", press program  then scroll down until you see lamp and lcd test.

greg24
Regular Advisor

That explains why it wasn't working.  Thanks,