108798 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: time to renew support contract

SOLVED
Go to solution
greg24
Regular Advisor

time to renew support contract

Hello, My tech support contract expires in the middle of December 2010. Who can I talk to about renewing it? Will the renewal be for 1 year or 1.5 years (July 2012 end of support for NBX)? Thanks, Greg
8 REPLIES 8
merlin215
Valued Contributor

Thatw ould be a sales question as we do not have much info on contracts . However , I belive you can select thte contract that you would like to purchase .

You can contact 800 876-3266 for more info as this is our tech support line .

merlin215
Valued Contributor
Solution

Try this :

End Customer direct - They should have an assigned contract admin at HP. They can call the Customer Operations Center at 1-800-386-1115 if they have not received the letter or just don't know.

greg24
Regular Advisor

Usually I have gotten 2 emails from 3Com by now reminding me to renew my contract.  One at 90 days and the other at 60 days.  I then got a third at 30.  This year I haven't gotten any email about my contract.  It is a good thing I keep track of the stuff manually.

I will call tomorrow as it is 5:10 PM now.  Thanks,

merlin215
Valued Contributor

I hear that they are calling folks , but I do not know how true that is . It may be a good idea to give them a ring and see whats up .

Thx Greg

greg24
Regular Advisor

I called 1-800-386-1115 yesterday and was bounced around a few times as noone could pull up my 3com service contract in the system.  I was finally able to talk a 3com/hp contract person but not the person who covers my area.  He forwarded my request for a quote to hopefully the correct person.  I am waiting for the response.

Thanks,

merlin215
Valued Contributor

Not sure if I can be of any help but let us know how it goes ?

PaoloBocci

Hello,

I have the same problem. HP told me to contact the italian distributor and I did. It is 2 months I don't receive an answer. It seems HP doesn't care at all of NBX systems installed and their support. The last surprise happened with the 3com support portal. Actually the db of our installed base and licenses is anavailable, thus is difficult to exchange faulty NBX systems. I hope that someone will read these complains in HP and shows me concern regarding the situation. My company and my customers invested in 3Com solution and HP cannot destroy these investments.

merlin215
Valued Contributor

Unfortunately this is the US forum , but  We can certainly understand your issues as we have been dealing with some of them here as well . I I am not sure exactly why you did not receive any information but we have been referring Our Customers directly to sales due to this issue .  I do know that the Web Services are being worked on as we speak  . I will forward this information  on .