IP Telephony - NBX
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

trying to re add a user wiht a telphone

trying to re add a user wiht a telphone

ok i have a little problem here i went and tryed to delete a mail box for a ueser then tryed to readd them i now i cant readd them or the telphone is there a way to add them back with out having to restore the system back up

oh and this is on an NBX 100 system.

this is what i was trying to fallow " http://knowledge.3com.com/service/main.jsp?t=documentTab&ft=searchTab&ps=documentPanels&locale=en_US&_dyncharset=UTF-8&curResURL=/service/main.jsp%3F_dyncharset%3DUTF-8%26_dynSessConf%3D4817772669099643014%26t%3DsearchTab%26dosearch%3Dtrue%26locale%3Den_US%26_dyncharset%3DUTF-8%26searchstring%3Dresetting%252ba%252bvoice%252bmail%252bbox%26SearchButton%3DFind%26advopen%3Dfalse&contextId=1691:155.22..." and now i cant even add the phones back to the system.

2 REPLIES
bosoxfan
Trusted Contributor

Re: trying to re add a user wiht a telphone

The best thing to do now, that the user is deleted which means his/her voicemail has also been deleted, is to delete the phone also.

1so, go to Telephone Configuration, delete the phone

2. Now autodiscover the phone again. this will discover with a new phone extension. Make sure that Auto Discover for phones is turned on (This is in System Wide Settings/Auto Discovery)

3. Now you want to change the phone extension back to what it was. Go to Dialplans/Configure/Modify Extension. Pick out the new phone extension and change it to what you want it to be.

That should do it !

merlin02131
Advisor

Re: trying to re add a user wiht a telphone

When you remove the user , you seperate the telephone mac address from the user extension number .