1745853 Members
4382 Online
108723 Solutions
New Discussion

Help. 911 issues

Gareth.Coley
Advisor

Help. 911 issues

Hello everyone.  I am having an issue with 911.  We are in the UK so I have removed all references to 911 on our VCX systems.  There is no mention of 911 in the routing tables (we use 9* to route all external calls to isdn) I have removed the pattern off the system. There are no number translations referring to 911. There is no direct pattern in the COS elements. There is no pattern for 911 in the dial rules and therefore nothing in the dial plan and we have nothing set up in the "Emergency Services" tab in "configurations". 

The issue we are having is that the system is still sending 3 digit 911 calls direct to the isdn gateway.  This is an issue as it will not allow us to dial the European emergency number 112 (we use a 9 for an outside line, so from a handset we dial 9112).  Does anyone know where within the VCX there is a pattern to send anything with 3 digits starting with 911 straight to the isdn? I am starting to pull my hair out here.

2 REPLIES 2
Gareth.Coley
Advisor

Re: Help. 911 issues

Update!  I have changed the COS settings on the phone I am testing on.  Our highest COS has the default element whitelisted for both incoming and outgoing calls (default element is * for all). If I change the CoS settings the phone asks for an account code when trying to dial 9111 (again it gets to 911 and shows the message).  There is obviously something on the system I have missed.

VoIP-Buddy
HPE Pro

Re: Help. 911 issues

Coley, the definitive way to fix this is to create an Emergency Services ERL that defines the emergency numbers for your area. By default the phone code knows that 911 and 9911 are emergency numbers. If there is an ERL in place emergency numbers only, the phones will overwrite their default list. You do not have to set up a full blown ERL for this to work.
I work for HPE in Aruba Technical Support