108789 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Local Office Admin

SOLVED
Go to solution
Gareth.Coley
Advisor

Local Office Admin

Hi again everyone. I have yet another problem.  I have connected all of our branch VCX servers to our Global Voicemail central server and they are showing in the local office admin list.  The problem I have is one or two of the servers did not work the first time around  so I deleted and re-added all of the settings in the local office admin for that site and ran vcx-reconfigure to kick off the synchronization. This did not work.

When ticking the box for global messaging on the mailbox at the branch, the mailbox at the region shows "site name is invalid" under the "advanced mailbox preferences". I believe this has something to do with the fact that when the branch was rebuilt at the central server it picked a new "site prefix" and the branch is still looking at it's original prefix.  Does anyone know where this data is kept so I can manipulate it, or does anyone have a fix?

Oh we are running VCX in an enteprise configuration and v9.0.17 software.

1 REPLY 1
Gareth.Coley
Advisor
Solution

Re: Local Office Admin

This has been resolved now thank you. We have abandoned global messaging for manually copying mailboxes to the ipm server and adjusting the routing. It seems like a much more robust solution.