108723 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: VCX Enterprise 9.8.15

SOLVED
Go to solution
hermimi2
Occasional Contributor

VCX Enterprise 9.8.15

I am looking for a way to archive and remove Call Detail Records from our primary server.  The database is getting full!

I know where the records are....I just do not know the commands to remove more than one at a time!

Thanks,

4 REPLIES 4
Justin_Goldberg
Valued Contributor
Solution

Use WinSCP to download them.

Since the VCX CDR app uses SCP to download the files anyway, you can access the archive on a different SCP server.

If the folder is too large (like when even an ls command fails), you could try mv 2006*.xml ../2006

hermimi2
Occasional Contributor

Thanks!  That is exactly what I needed.

hermimi2
Occasional Contributor

Found CDRs and was able to download them, and delete what I wanted to remove.  In this process I found two branches that were evidently deleting their CDRs after they are exported to the Primary where the CDRs are collected.

I have compared the acctxmlconfig for a branch that deletes against one that does not and do not find any differences.

I have compared the itbes_xm_cdr.mib files on them also and do not find any differences.

Where else could I find a file that could be telling my branches to delete after exporting?

I would appreciate any help!

Thanks in advance

Justin_Goldberg
Valued Contributor

No clue on that. It may be how the VCX works internally, via it's own bash scripts or embedded in the executables.