IT Operations Management (ITOM)
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: 7 Ways to Get the Most out of the New Service Health Reporter 9.30

HPE-SW-Guest

“I'm sorry to hear that you did not experience a totally flawless experience with Content Dev in SHR; that is always our goal and we do work hard to ensure a better extensibility experience for our customers.

As regards the span of content coverage, SHR offers 14 content packs spanning multiple domains like Systems/Virtualization, Networks (Interface and Device performance), Enterprise applications (Databases, AppServers, Active Directory, Exchange Server), Application monitoring(BPM, RUM), reporting on KPIs/HIs and Event data from the consolidated OpsBridge (OMi).

For PI migration scenarios involving extensive network content (MPLS, Traffic et al.), NNM iSPI Performance for Metrics offers detailed reporting on Networking domain.

Btw, the Content Development Environment packaged in SHR provides example content (including all source artifacts) …and this I reckon would be a good start ... The details are offered step by step in the "SHR Getting Started Guide for Content Development". An embedded video in the guide also gives a walkthru' of report creation...

We do appreciate the feedback and want you to know as mentioned in the concluding phrases of this blog that we are indeed working on simplifying the content dev experience further, which will be made available in the upcoming dot release…”

Thanks & Regards,

Vineetha

0 Kudos
About the Author

HPE-SW-Guest

This account is for guest bloggers. The blog post will identify the blogger.

Comments
m_vidyasagar

But I see the content pack is made quite complicate compared to the PI ( Where creating the report packs are much easier ) , also the docs are not that clear .. 

I have seen very less OOB content packs available in SHR , lots of CP's are missing like CP's for QA , MPLS iSPI etc..

Tried developing the Content Pack but didn't succeed , may be I some break !!!

HPE-SW-Guest

“I'm sorry to hear that you did not experience a totally flawless experience with Content Dev in SHR; that is always our goal and we do work hard to ensure a better extensibility experience for our customers.

As regards the span of content coverage, SHR offers 14 content packs spanning multiple domains like Systems/Virtualization, Networks (Interface and Device performance), Enterprise applications (Databases, AppServers, Active Directory, Exchange Server), Application monitoring(BPM, RUM), reporting on KPIs/HIs and Event data from the consolidated OpsBridge (OMi).

For PI migration scenarios involving extensive network content (MPLS, Traffic et al.), NNM iSPI Performance for Metrics offers detailed reporting on Networking domain.

Btw, the Content Development Environment packaged in SHR provides example content (including all source artifacts) …and this I reckon would be a good start ... The details are offered step by step in the "SHR Getting Started Guide for Content Development". An embedded video in the guide also gives a walkthru' of report creation...

We do appreciate the feedback and want you to know as mentioned in the concluding phrases of this blog that we are indeed working on simplifying the content dev experience further, which will be made available in the upcoming dot release…”

Thanks & Regards,

Vineetha

m_vidyasagar

Hi There,

I have followed the procedure defined in the SHR Getting Started Guide for Content Development Guide , there are lots of mistakes in it , I have given the feedback on few of them to the team by replying to the emaill given @ the end ..

My recommendation is , there should be a utility which would ask the credentials of the DB which we want to connect , and then it should display the tables and relative columns so that we can select whichever we want and then it should create the necessary xml files like model , streams etc .. This feature would easies the task to a large extent ( something like feature similar to the Microsoft strategy business intelligence )

I have successfully compiled the Domain and ETL Components through the CDE with no errors but when I deployed I see no data being collected , I left as it is ...

Events
June 6 - 8, 2017
Las Vegas, Nevada
Discover 2017 Las Vegas
Join us for HPE Discover 2017 in Las Vegas. The event will be held at the Venetian | Palazzo from June 6-8, 2017.
Read more
Each Month in 2017
Software Expert Days - 2017
Join us online to talk directly with our Software experts during online Expert Days. Find information here about past, current, and upcoming Expert Da...
Read more