IT Operations Management (ITOM)
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

How to give your applications the VIP treatment — Highlights from HP Discover APM session

haimsnir ‎12-11-2013 03:39 AM - edited ‎06-09-2015 12:31 PM

Yesterday at HP Discover Barcelona, I led the Application Performance Management (APM) Special Interest Group session and shared with our customers how they can give their applications the “VIP” treatment.

Of course, VIP can mean “Very Important Person”, but it can also mean Visualize, Isolate, Predict.

Here’s how:

Visualize — Have asingle pane of glass” view for all of your apps, across all aspects of APM. HP end-user experience tools such as HP BPM and HP RUM monitor all type of applications including cloud hosted and mobile/traditional applications.

Isolate — What makes HP unique is our correlated and integrated view into applications health from the apps into the infrastructure. We help you look for, find and fix the weakest link in the entire chain that delivers the end-user experience (and therefore your revenues).

Predict — Our “Time Machine” for app performance — SHA with RTSM — helps you predict and link app anomaly to topology. HP predicts app performance issues hours before the degradation happens.  How? Using unique predictive analytics based on HP patents that were developed by HP Labs.

Later on, when I went into the great HP Discover Zone where we present many live demonstrations in action, I also did a little impromptu white boarding on this topic. I snapped a photo of it, which you can see on the right.

Learn more

If you’re not so lucky as to be in Barcelona, be sure to explore HP APM to get more information.

About the Author

Nov 29 - Dec 1
Discover 2016 London
Learn how to thrive in a world of digital transformation at our biggest event of the year, Discover 2016 London, November 29 - December 1.
Read more
Each Month in 2016
Software Expert Days - 2016
Join us online to talk directly with our Software experts during online Expert Days. Find information here about past, current, and upcoming Expert Da...
Read more